New member trying to access drawings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member trying to access drawings

Hi, joined tonight. Am currently restoring a 58 Scottish and trying to find drawings to make engine plates. I work in motorsport and have access to cnc milling machines/lathes etc
    Thanks
    Tony

Welcome aboard Tony the club will have the drawings the drawings officer is Gary Bamford his contact details are in Leading Link, you should receive a copy with your membership card. Or you can contact him via a PM from this site https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/fo...09-garybam4711
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 06/03/2024, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Thankyou John, such a wealth of information on here, fantastic !!!

Comment

What model Scottish do you have Tony?

Comment

It’s a 20TA with a 31A motor, off to Kempton Park auto jumble to hopefully find some of the missing pieces tomorrow

Comment

Hi Tony - if you private message me with an email address I will send you the drawings as Gary is away on holiday. Dave Harrison I believe makes the engine plates so you could see if he still does. His contact details are in the Leading Link.

Comment

Great thanks Tony

Comment

Hi Tony (Davis) hope you get sorted with the engine plate drawings. Before embarking on cutting metal, could I suggest you make patterns from ply, or hardboard to confirm hole sizes and position. You will appreciate the dimensions of the bolt up frames can vary somewhat. Good luck in your endeavours.

Comment

Cheers Phil, great idea. Tony kindly sent me the drawings over the weekend so hopefully will be making some ply plates this week before cutting the aluminium ones

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Davis View Post
                    Cheers Phil, great idea. Tony kindly sent me the drawings over the weekend so hopefully will be making some ply plates this week before cutting the aluminium ones
                    The original pales would have been steel, zinc plated.

Comment

Tony, don’t know what spec aluminium you are using. I make Triumph-Greeves plates. I use and recommend 6mm, 6082 T6. Lots of others out there, 6082 is a good all rounder. Sadly, the price has rocketed since the lockdown. Please let us know how you get on.
                      phil

Comment

Working...
                      X