Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I’ve just purchased a 1959 Greeves trials bike. Potentially buy in haste repent at leisure. I’d seen a few and missed a couple. I travelled 4 hours to view and by the time I arrived I just waded in.
    I have had a lust for a Greeves since my teenage years (I’m now 54). I was inspired by my father a bike rider pretty much till the end and a book he gave me from the 1950’s built for speed it had a Greeves triumph that hooked me, plus I’ve always admired funny front ends. I looked at a Franny B one because in the 1950’s my dad rode a falcon and two because I grew up round the corner from one of their sub sites. However it was the Greeves that won over. I probably paid too much and I have a list of improvements I need to make before I can join my mates in pre65 trials.

Welcome aboard, any pics of te bike? note you will need to post them via a photo hosting site as you are not a full member.

Comment

Hi, I thought I had uploaded and I can see them? How do I become a full member? Thanks

Comment

No pic just says vBulletin. To join the club and become a full member go to https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/membership/

Comment

Just paid thanks very much

Comment

You should shortly get upgraded on here to 'GRA Member,' & you will then be able to post pics and also access members only areas

Comment

Pic of the bike
              Attached Files

Comment

Some more pics
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Veg View Post
                  Some more pics
                  One tip. dont tie the front forks down with ratchet straps, it stresses the rubber fork bushes and can cause them to fail. Always tie it down on rear suspension. You also need a chain guard & chain guide
                  Last edited by John Wakefield; 26/10/2023, 10:06 AM.

Comment

My method, any bike...put bike on trailer and use ratchet straps to level the bike, without any tension. Strap the front wheel tight over the tyre, then the back with a bit of preload on the rear suspension. Add a little bit of tension on the handlebar straps just to keep the bike from moving. Strap round rear tyre. Even teles can be damaged by over-enthusiastic tensioning.

Comment

To tie down from the handlebars, first put a tight tie between the front fork loop and over the steering crown. Works for me!

Comment

Great tip, John! Why didn't I think of that?

Comment

Working...
                        X