Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firstly thanks for accepting me on the forum. Many many years ago I had Greeves Scotish having recently finished a Ariel kh restoration I stumbled by accident upon a sports twin in poor condition minus complete wheel (paddle hub) I believe seat support frame if available I would buy it. One guy has a bare hub on Facebook. Are these parts available anywhere. Thanks in advance. DAVE.

Have a look on https://www.britishbikes1970.com/ run by Member Gary Bamford. He also has lots of second hand parts. Can you give a bit more info on the bike, ie frame number, I will see if its on the survivors list and may have a bit of history.

Comment

The guy who has the bike is unable to find frame number I will go to look myself but he is not easy to pin down. So as soon as I have anymore info will post I think it's a Sports twin with a 2t engine paddle hubs 2 into one exhaust and ally mudguard

Comment

The frame number is stamped on the beam near the top bearing, (see pic for an example) If it has no number be very weary of buying it especially it it has no V5c as it will be difficult to get registered as GRA will not be able to verify without a number. Maybe a good idea to take some pics and PM them to me. Or you can post on here but will need to post them via a photo hosting site as BASIC USERS cant post photo's using the forum uploading system. What part of the country (world) are you?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 27/09/2023, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1695823397292.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	95914no frame number yet
          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry John I'm in Stockport south m/cr.

Comment

Frame number now found 59/2884

Comment

Its a 1959 25DB dispatched to dealer A. Taylor of Oldham 10/8/59 with engine number 950A4032 Does it have a registration number on rear number plate? if so worth checking to see if it has a V5c. Looks a real barn find, certainly a lot of work but looks unmolested

Comment

Number plate present but no longer on dvla website, will keep updating if I purchase it still awaiting price from seller not sure of value but looks an interesting project. Thank you for all your help.

Comment

Worth around ?500

Comment

That looks to be a real labour of love !

Comment

So was this now finished
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'm now a proud owner of a rather poorly 25DB being delivered tomorrow evening. Will join the club soon.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                            Its a 1959 25DB dispatched to dealer A. Taylor of Oldham 10/8/59 with engine number 950A4032 Does it have a registration number on rear number plate? if so worth checking to see if it has a V5c. Looks a real barn find, certainly a lot of work but looks unmolested
                            Now purchased.

Comment

So looks like you have decided to break the 25DB for spares Dave I see you have frame forks, toolbox and stand for sale on ebay.looks like rear hub and engine plates already sold, what happened to engine? The number plate YNA973 is not registered on DVLA so No V5c, and will not be acceptable to DVLA to recover the number. It will need the old RF log book, or other document such as MoT cert or original certified copy of first registration with local authority that shows both frame and reg number.
                              Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for greeves motorcycle sport twin frame with number plate at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products.

Greeves centre stand foot pegs mounting still attached one bolt stuck needs a gentle angle grind the strip paint etc 

​​​​​​https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235487449462
                              ​​​​​​https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235487436095
                              Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Greeves motorcycle sports twin rear subframe footrest hangers at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for greeves sport twin swingarm at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for greeves sports twin fork shroud cover at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by John Wakefield; 10/04/2024, 09:40 AM. Reason: Details if frame and reg number added

Comment

Working...
                              X