Hello! New member from California USA 1967 Greeves MX5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! New member from California USA 1967 Greeves MX5

Thanks for having me, appreciate all the knowledge given on the site. Always loved the Greeves motorcycles. Finally got a '67 MX5 as part of a trade for my Ducati Scrambler I sold. Frame number 24MX5B290 (1967 Challenger yes?) I picked up the proper gas tank to complete it's great look. I do need a rear fender however, if anyone has one for sale. Love researching this stuff. Not a lot of info on motor numbers online, I am only finding info on this site for frame numbers. If I am missing a good source let me know thanks! My bike has no compression but came with a spare motor that does. I would love to know if the motor in it is proper for the year, and what the other motor year is. Can someone explain what the different sets of numbers actually mean?

These are the numbers of the motor in the bike. 23/67 CCA472 SP1 83

Spare motor numbers SP2 45/65 CC391 107

I have a spare frame / forks / swingarm / front wheel for sale if anyone is interested, 1962 "Motocross Scrambler" frame number 24MCS/2/561 I am located about an hour and a half north of L.A., California U.S.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Joey Dillon
    Last edited by Rocketshoes; 27/02/2023, 07:29 AM.

Hi joey
    the numbers you have quoted are gearbox numbers The first is more than likely a mx5 gearbox as it’s dated 1967
    the other would be a mx2 gearbox as we call them a kidney box
    the engine numbers are on each side of the crankcases just below the barrel
    i hope this is of help
    Gary

Comment

Thanks Gary! Yes it does!

Comment

Hello again Gary, so does the 23/67 on that first gearbox mean 1967? what does the 23 mean? And does that mean the other gearbox is '65?

Comment

Made 23 week of 1967

Comment

Copy that thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X