1960 Scottish. Lot of issues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 Scottish. Lot of issues!

Hello everyone. I recently acquired a 1960 Scottish from the son of the previous owner. The bike's frame number 60/1773 and engine number 863B 944, which left the factory on 29th February 1960. (Qualifying letter from John Collard).
    Back in his day, the previous owner used to ride a 1954 Francis Barnett, to quite some acclaim, I understand, as he is mentioned in a book.

Regrettably, the gent departed this world for the next a couple of years ago. In his later years in this one, he acquired the Greeves Scottish but, due to ill health, never actually rode it. In fact, the engine, apparently, hadn't been run for many years. There is a little bit of work to do to make it ready for riding and I need to sharpen m y skills again! I last rode a Greeves around 52 years ago. I'm not sure what it was but my Mum paid 14 quid for it. It has a 9E engine and it was awesome to me. Anyway, I will have some questions, with which I hope you will help me before our first practice trial at the Waltham Chase club in early March. Thanks!

Working...
X