Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just like to say thank you for having me. Just joined the ranks of Greeves ownership with a nice DC25 Roadster. Looking forward to enjoying playing with it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BABB9F9F-88BC-45BB-9689-6C7D6A5BD0D1.jpeg
Views:	184
Size:	446.9 KB
ID:	93423
    Attached Files

Welcome aboard Julian, nice bike has been owned by Ipswich Greeves enthusiast Roger Gedge for a number of years. Was a local Ipswich bike and supplied by Bickers. What part of the country do you live?

Comment

Thank you, I only collected it a few days ago. From the sales information it looked to be in fine fettle and obviously I wasn’t disappointed. The history file that came with the bike makes reference to Roger, also an old V5 doc with his details. I’m based in Thundersley Essex and the old Greeves Factory was located about 1/2 a mile from where I live. It’s come home so to speak …

Comment

As you say has 'come home' I assume from what you say you did not buy it direct from Roger who had it for sale in Old Bike Mart in October 2019, so presumably it passed on the another owner/dealer at that time.

Comment

I bought it from Venture Classics in Herefordshire. He had taken it in part exchange. Took a ride round to the old Greeves factory location earlier in the week, now occupied by Elmsleigh-Invacar. Met a few people who were ex Greeves staff. I think it brought back a few memories…

Comment

Looks like someone (probably Roger Gedge) has updated the rear wheel with the alloy full width British Hub it would have had a 'tin' paddle hub originally to match the front. I think Roger fitted a Silverstone front wheel when he had the bike he would have taken it out and replaced the original paddle hub before he sold it. You may at some point like to update the front wheel to matching alloy hub they give a better brake, they were used on the later 25DC, DCX East Coaster and Essex

Comment

Working...
            X