Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Villers 34a engine parts

Hello,

I am working on a 1962 Greeves Hawkstone 250. I have a Villiers 34a engine and am looking for 1) Cylinder head 2) complete gasket set 3) 66mm piston set

If anyone can help me with finding these parts besides the Villiers website please let me know. Thank you in advance.

With regards the gasket set, Villiers Services are really the only UK supplier for these but obviously you have a problem with them. Apart from the aluminium head gasket the rest are paper, so why not make your own from readily available gasket paper on eBay, car accessory shops etc. Or from cornflake packets, always used these back in the day, cheap and did the job with a smear of Hermatite. If you already have a head gasket this can be annealed and re used, if not make one from a thin sheet (1mm) of aluminium

Comment

I don't mind ordering the gasket set and the piston site from them. But, I am not able to find the actual Cylinder head on their website. And I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Comment

Easier to phone them and order from Steve or Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by Photo3113 View Post
          I don't mind ordering the gasket set and the piston site from them. But, I am not able to find the actual Cylinder head on their website. And I can't seem to find it anywhere.
          Try Garry Bamford https://www.britishbikes1970.com/about-contact he may well have a secondhand one

Comment

Try speaking to Steve at Villiers Services for an unused one. They have a lot more than is on their website.
            Last edited by johnrunnacles; 31/08/2022, 10:37 AM.

Comment

You are not going to find a new cylinder head, but Villiers Services do have 2nd stock which they don't list on their website. Alternatively check ebay etc, or, if you are a GRA member, put a wanted ad in Leading Link.
              A 1962 Hawkstone could be one of 3 models, SCS, MCS or MDS. The SCS has the standard Villiers scrambles iron barrel and ali head, the MCS & MDS had Greeves alloy top-ends, the heads of which are different to the Villiers item, and not interchangeable. Which are you after?

Comment

Working...
              X