Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm Steve. Thanks for adding me. I've just acquired a 1964 TES Scottish and looking forwards to getting her on the lanes. Other bikes 1959 FB plover. NVT Easy Rider. Honda VT750C Shadow. Live in Falmouth Cornwall.

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Welcome to the forum Steve, can you post a pic of your TES? Note, you may need to link it to a photo hosting site as 'Basic Users' cant post pics direct onto the site.

Comment

Hi Steve. Welcome aboard! If you have actually joined the club, rather than just registering on the forum, you will be able to access everything on here, member's area etc, including being able to add photos, if you PM the webmaster; on here as 'Ian' (not me!) and ask him to upgrade your status on the forum to GRA Member.

I am in Cornwall, in Bodmin, so a little way away from you. I also have a TES, plus one or two more....

Ian C.

Comment

Membership just paid.
          post just arrived with a few bits. I'll do some fettling tomorrow and should get her fired up without spraying fuel like a flame thrower.
          As soon as im authorised I'll post pictures.

Frame is 24 TES 248
          engine 453 DC 3503
          Reg FWB 563 H

Comment

Originally posted by SteveClay View Post
            Membership just paid.
            post just arrived with a few bits. I'll do some fettling tomorrow and should get her fired up without spraying fuel like a flame thrower.
            As soon as im authorised I'll post pictures.

Frame is 24 TES 248
            engine 453 DC 3503
            Reg FWB 563 H
            Thanks for the numbers Steve, will be this one recently on eBay https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/fo...89666-24tes248 although a few changes from original it looks a tidy usable bike. The carb looks a 1 3/16 Amal Monobloc 389. far too big for a trials bike, was used on the Hawkstone scrambler. The correct carb would be a 1 inch Villiers S25 and it would be advisable to fit the air filter (see pics attached) It will also need the S25 inlet manifold.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Villiers-S25-Carburettor.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.0 KB ID:	90978

Click image for larger version  Name:	Villiers-S25-3-Carburettor-197cc-Invacar-Bond-and-Other.jpg Views:	0 Size:	26.7 KB ID:	90979
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 21/04/2022, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Hi John, thanks for the info. I can't follow the link as my membership hasn't upgraded yet. It was recently on ebay but didn't buy it from there. Any other info to return her to normal greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveClay View Post
                Hi John, thanks for the info. I can't follow the link as my membership hasn't upgraded yet. It was recently on ebay but didn't buy it from there. Any other info to return her to normal greatly appreciated.
                Here are some pics of 1964 TES which was in a Bonhams auction in 2014 https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/218...?category=list give you something to aim for. Main things apart from carb (the Bonhams one also has the wrong carb) look like exhaust system and fibreglass mudguards. I am sure Ian Cordes will be along to give you some advice
                Last edited by John Wakefield; 21/04/2022, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X