Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings

Hi everyone
    My father has just allowed me to take custody of his 1958 20SAS Greeves Hawkstone Special (197 9E)

He used to race club scrambles in Berkshire during the 50s and this was his last bike before I arrived on the scene in the early 60s.

As a school boy I'd take it apart and tinker with it before riding down country tracks (at least I wasn't stealing or mugging old ladies) and around our back garden, that is until my mum had tired of the tracks in the lawn! it wasn't a big garden! But living in different parts of the country No31 had become a little neglected so now I have her under my own roof I hope to improve a few things.

Finances permitting I'd like to race her at least once just to see the look on me dads face. But with a youngish family and limited funds we'll just have to wait and see what needs doing to make that possible.

Although my Dad is already a member I'll hopefully join myself soon.

Needless to say I shall probably ask lots of silly questions but please bear with me.

I'll also apologise in advance if I am not very responsive to posts it won't be because I am ignorant its just a time thing.

When I find out how I'll try to post a photo of the old girl.

Cheers
    Neil

Would that be the bike or your mum

Comment

Hi Neil, welcome aboard. Good luck with your great project to get the scrambler back into competition. Nice to see another one coming back to life.

If you join the GRA there is plenty of help and advice on here and in the club generally.

The Pre 65 MotoCross Club have been running an excellent Greeves championship for about ten years now. It's very well supported and great fun (if competitive at the sharp end!).

Have a look at http://www.pre65.co.uk
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Yes, give us a "shout" if you need any help in getting into Pre 65 scrambling.
        I've been a regular in the Greeves Championship, now, for 10 years, so can probably help you with most of the questions.........
        John R

Comment

Thank you for your kind welcome. Will no doubt be in touch at some point in future.

Neil

Comment

Working...
          X