No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all

I am a new member that owned a Greeves Anglian when I was a teenager I am trying to track it down would love to own again, maybe someone here can help with its whereabouts 1967 reg HCO 745F no records on mot history except it is now black . I owned it from 1972 to 1975 rode it in trials then put it on road for short time before selling for a road bike any help appreciated.

Do you recall the frame number?

Comment

Hi
      No don’t know frame number engine was a 37A with alloy square barrel and had ceriani forks and steel tank.

Comment

Not a lot of hope in tracing it then, reg number is dormant, not taxed since 1/9/80, but it could have been sold on without paperwork and re registered, or just about un-registered or as a frame or basket case.

Comment

That’s a shame is there no way of finding the frame no from reg no from dvla, many thanks for your input John.

Comment

No the DVLA will not divulge details of vehicles, they used to do it if you were the registered keeper but that stopped this year with a tightening up of the Data Protection Act.
            The only way you may be able to find it is look up the first registration record its a Plymouth number. You need to contact The Plymouth and West Devon Record Office, Unit 3 Clare Place, Plymouth PL4 0JW tel 01752 305940 https://plymhearts.org/archives/coll...registrations/
            But the record may not have the frame number, not all counties recorded it. Happy hunting.

Comment

Thanks John have contacted the Plymouth office and no records of frame number so not looking promising will have to look for another to restore.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadfib View Post
                Thanks John have contacted the Plymouth office and no records of frame number so not looking promising will have to look for another to restore.
                Was the first owner listed? If so you may be able to trace it from there, but bit of a long shot as former owners may have moved on or died. They would be in their 70's or 80's now.

Comment

No owners just a note dated 30jth July 1975 dispatched Southampton which was when I owned and think relates to when I taxed & mot it also a date Oct 1977 after I sold relating to a conversion ? with ref no 72976773513 ? Also a note saying Hampshire jan 2978.not much to go regards Alan.

Comment

That means that the bike went to a new owner in Hampshire in Jan 1978 (I assume 2978 is a typo) and record was forwarded on.
                    I suppose you could get a piece in Old Bike Mart asking if anyone has it. Mike Worthington-Williams is your man, email him at worthycomments@btconnect.com send in as much info as you can together with a pic of the bike if you have one. You never know it might jog someones memory.
                    Last edited by John Wakefield; 24/11/2018, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X