New Greeves Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Greeves Owner

Hello, a nice elderly gentleman I have know the majority of my life has recently given me a greeves trials bike. It is currently nonrunning and missing a few parts. The man used this bike when he was around my age in local contests. I have looked around for information on my bike but honestly don't even know what the letters and numbers mean on the vin. My vin is 24TJSE210. I am also trying to identify the engine so I can buy a gasket set for it. Currently the gear box is froze up from sitting. I at first thought it was the piston but pulled the jug and found the piston in good shape. My goal with this bike is to get it running then give it the original paint job so the original owner of the bike can see her in her glory another time.

Good morning and welcome to the forum.

24TJSE 210 is a 1968 Greeves Anglian. The "E" suffix indicates that it was an export model, so it must have been re-imported at some time.

Does it have any UK registration documents with it?

The correct engine for one of those is a 246cc Villiers 37A single with a Greeves alloy cylinder head and barrel.

Beware of putting modern petrol with ethanol in it into the fibreglass fuel tank. It will ruin it.

Engine parts are available from Villiers Services - 01384 265797. Their website is www.villiersservices.co.uk

If you join the Greeves Riders Association you will have full access to the forum. There's plenty of help on here.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

As Colin says this appears to be an exported bike (to USA) you dont say where you live, presumably in the USA if this is you http://picdeer.com/danleo1331 You look well into old vehicles both cars trucks and bikes. I dont have the Grevees on survivors list so would appreciate your location and engine number to add it. Your best bet for spares in the USA would be Bearingman
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 16/11/2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

I do live in the USA. Wyoming to be more specific. I will get my engine number as soon as I can for the survivor list. Thank you both for the information. I appreciate it greatly.

Comment

Working...
        X