New Member, Rugby, Warks UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member, Rugby, Warks UK

Hi. New Greeves Riders member. Got this 1960 20TC a couple of months ago and my 'bike guy' has tidied it up a bit. It has re-lined front brake, new seat, mudguard, back tyre etc. Now looks very presentable and I've been around the yard on it. Next is to get it registered. Don't know how original it is, every one I've seen is different!
    Last edited by soupdragon; 05/09/2018, 09:23 AM. Reason: Picture wasn't showing

Hi, and welcome to the Club! Don't worry about the bike not being entirely original. It's mostly there! Just enjoy. You'll find plenty of good advice and assistance on here to help you take things forward (should you need it?)

Comment

Welcome aboard, any chance of the frame number for survivors records please.
      Looks a tidy usable bike, no number plate so I assume you will need to get it registered. The club can help with that if needed. Petrol tank is not an original steel one, looks an alloy after market one, the front mudguard is on the short side and not fitted to the correct Greeves stays
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 09/11/2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Welcome aboard Peter. All competition machines get modified in the search for improved performance and/or handling. So originality not an issue. Clearly yours has evolved a bit - into what looks like a usable pre-65 trialler.

No problem with registration
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
          Welcome aboard, any chance of the frame number for survivors records please.
          Looks a tidy usable bike, no number plate so I assume you will need to get it registered. The club can help with that if needed.
          Yes, it's 60 / 1076. It'd be interesting to see whether it's surfaced before?
          Thanks Pete

Comment

Originally posted by soupdragon View Post
            Yes, it's 60 / 1076. It'd be interesting to see whether it's surfaced before?
            Thanks Pete
            Hi Pete
            The bike is not currently recorded on survivors list, but it is a 1960 20TC which would originally had a 197cc 9E engine. (Now a 32A 250cc). If you join the club you can get dispatch record details from the club, Peter Smith is the dating office.
            Incidentally I see in your profile you are the MD of a racing engine company, would this be cars or bikes?
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 07/09/2018, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
              Hi Pete
              The bike is not currently recorded on survivors list, but it is a 1960 20TC which would originally had a 197cc 9E engine. (Now a 32A 250cc). If you join the club you can get dispatch record details from the club, Peter Smith is the dating officer.
              Incidentally I see in your profile you are the MD of a racing engine company, would this be cars or bikes?
              This ID is correct, it is a 20TC and it does appear in the dispatch records. It left the factory in December 1959, but is of course a 1960 model.
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

new member Rugby

Hi Pete ,these are before and after photos of my 20TC ,like yours mine is a 1960 model but left factory in december 1959 and frame number is 60/1088.
                If you look under Projects -20 tc you will see more info .
                Simon
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I am a member (new) and would like as much information on the bike as I can get. I had no idea the engine had been changed for a 250. To answer the earlier question I'm in the historic racing engine business....cars. I'll take a look at the projects and thanks for filling in the gaps to date. Pete

Comment

You need to PM 'Rob' (Thornton) to get upgraded to a full member on here.

Comment

Originally posted by trialrider17 View Post
                      new member Rugby

Hi Pete ,these are before and after photos of my 20TC ,like yours mine is a 1960 model but left factory in december 1959 and frame number is 60/1088.
                      If you look under Projects -20 tc you will see more info .
                      Simon
                      Herewith factory pics of a 1960 20TC with the 9E engine
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
                      X