New Zealand members????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Zealand members????

Hi all, just on a quest to find any Greeves members in New Zealand. I am in Christchurch.

New Zealand Members......

Hi Dave,

Great to see you posting on here again and welcome back!

How's the Griffon progressing?....well, I hope! You'll have to update us with some recent pics....please!!

Regarding your request, I know of several on here and hopefully they will respond/get in touch. If not, PM me and I'll try and give you some contacts to try.

As an aside, my cousin Jock used to lecture in law in Auckland back in the day, and my Wendy's eldest son has been living in Te Awamtu in the North Island for the last couple of years with his girlfriend and loves it! We hope to make the trip one day, as we'd love to see your beautiful country.

We live in the Cotswolds, UK, and a few weeks ago Wendy served a lady at the foodstore/cafe where she works....turns out the lady is the local doctor in Te Awamutu and was on holiday! Small world eh....!!

All the best,

Brian.
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 14/08/2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Hi Dave, I can call in on my way past

Comment

Hi Brian, thanks for that. progress on the QUB is somewhat slow as I have been trying to figure out the crank bearings as the shafts are too pitted to use. I now have a new upholstered seat, and piston, rod and rings thanks to Kenny the American lol. My little house isnt much but you are always welcome.

To that mad Irishman McCoo - I have deliberatley hidden my address lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Smith View Post
          Hi all, just on a quest to find any Greeves members in New Zealand. I am in Christchurch.
          A members list used to be published in LL bi-annually in October untill the Data Protection Act reared its ugly head and stopped clubs publishing members lists.
          So in todays 'free' society we cant even contact fellow members other than giving our membership sec added work contacting a member to get permission to pass on his details.
          The forum of course goes some way to addressing this problem by the PM system, but only a small % of members are on here, the majority not signed on with their real names, or listing their town or country.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Smith View Post
            Hi Brian, thanks for that. progress on the QUB is somewhat slow as I have been trying to figure out the crank bearings as the shafts are too pitted to use. I now have a new upholstered seat, and piston, rod and rings thanks to Kenny the American lol. My little house isnt much but you are always welcome.

To that mad Irishman McCoo - I have deliberatley hidden my address lmao
            Hi Dave,

No problem mate, and I do hope you get some responses. Be great if you are able to connect with some fellow Greeves enthusiasts in your part of the world.

Thank you for your warm offer of hospitality too. It's gonna take a while to save up the bus fare (!) but I'm determined to do it for Wendy so she can visit our boy.

Regarding your crank and the pitting, I assume on the bearing journals, I'm sure you've considered this but just in case, there are companies that can build them up with metal spraying then re-grind to size with the correct radius on the shoulders. Must be someone in NZ that could help?

Anyway, thanks for the update and hope you get it sorted Dave.

Brian.

Comment

Working...
            X