Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newb (got my Dads old Greeves and a garage full of bits!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb (got my Dads old Greeves and a garage full of bits!)

Dad was a member of the GRA back in the 80's. Recently he gave me his old Greeves and enough bits to build another two or three...

I'm considering trying to build another bike (there's at least three complete ones there) but it's like a jigsaw trying to match the right pieces from the aforementioned garage full... There definitely an early 60's trials bike and a Hawkstone and a couple of 50's trials...

I know the engine is wrong for the box of bits... Is it an Invacar dynostart set up... The proper engine is set up on my workbench fully restored and ready to go...

Anyway here's some pics to introduce myself and I hope to contribute to the association... My cheques in the post for full membership!

If you post up the frame numbers from each of the beams, we'll tell you what model they're from. Might give you a starting point at least.

Then you can decide which one to rebuild and concentrate on that one. I shouldn't try trying to rebuild them in parallel if I were you.

Glad you're joining the GRA. Welcome. There's plenty of help on here - you're gonna need it!

A good starting point for queries is to use the forum search facility - most topics and FAQs will have been covered in the past. As a GRA member you can request an upgrade to give you full access.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
    X