New member from South Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from South Australia

I should say G'day but I won't, as I come from Southend originally and worked at the Greeves factory for 5 years as an apprentice Toolmaker from 1970-75 (which was a great experience and one I would not have missed) I have a 250 Griffon & a RAS Silverstone, I will update the data base when shipped (sorry John that last one did get sold) its hard finding Greeves for sale out here, so if anyone knows of a 380 twin port in Australia or UK for sale, please please please let me know. Keep up the great work, Stuart.

(sorry John that last one did get sold)
    I only reported what was on eBay, 'reserve not met' so presumably you did a deal after the sale. Good luck with it.

Comment

New member in South Australia

Hi John, I contacted the guy after it didn't sell (a friend of a friend knows him) looking at the price for Silverstone's that have been up for sale over the last year it didn't seem a bad deal, the bike looks in good condition and comes with a larger tank. I've enjoyed reading yours (early warning system for Ebay) and other members posts over the last few months, next step is to get full GRA memebership & get my two Greeves over here.

thanks Stuart.

Comment

Best of luck with it Stuart I suppose shipping costs will be around 1/2 the cost of the bike, making it very expensive. Frank Conley in the USA has mint Ranger for sale at a reasonable $5k (£3k) but shipping & import duty would be £1.5K making it prohibitive to import back to UK. All very frustrating. Prices at the moment here seem low (UK has big recession as you will have read) but a lot of chancers seem to think that any old Greeves thrown together with all sorts of bits, or 'found in a barn' is gold dust. Not so, whilst genuine well restored bikes will still make good money those recent 'bitzer' Scottish trials bikes on eBay are well over priced.

Comment

Working...
        X