Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Griffiths Works Rider

Hi,

I'm a new member & my claim to fame with regard to off road is that I used to live opposite John Griffiths. I used to see other works riders visit like Dave Bickers & John Done & have fond memories of him competing at local events such as Hatherton, Bowsey Wood, & Hawkstone Park.

I still see John in Nantwich & we often chat about the early days when his DOT only just made it up the big hill at Hawkstone, & then later when he rode his Greeves it was third gear!

Welcome Bob.

Hi Bob, interesting little tale..... thanks for sharing & welcome to the club....dave.

Comment

Bob,

A very warm welcome to the GRA and also, the Forum. I hope you find both useful and I have upgraded your access to 'GRA Member' meaning you should now see a bit more.

Interesting story about John Griffiths - any chance you get him to jot down a few words for Leading link??!!

Welcome once again,

Rob

Comment

Hi Rob,

I haven't seen John for a few months, but I want to take my 25DD round soon to show him so I'll ask!

Cheers Bob

P.S. I purchased the book by Colin Sparrow, what a truly excellent read!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, Bob, always appreciated!

John was right up there with the best, but was unlucky with injuries occurring just at the wrong moments. Ask him about his road-racing career, I believe he had a degree of success at that after he stopped scrambling.

Also, do you think there's any chance he would like to talk to the GRA annual gathering and AGM at Kidlington next April?
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Hi Colin, John has shared his road racing experiences with me at the Manx, his best result was second on a Yamaha, & he tells me his Greeves was prone to seizing hence his change to Yam. Bob

Comment

Working...
            X