Old Ernie from Switzerland !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Ernie from Switzerland !

On 18th of July,I had my 77th Birthday.I rode almost every GREEVES Scrambler Model from 1960 to 1976.My late Father (1908-1985)started to Import GREEVES early 1959,later I took over,he sold 180 RELIANTS 3-Wheelers from 1965 to 1971.I rode 5 times ISDT's with GREEVES(1964/65/66/71 and 72.Results:Two little Bronce Medals,a lot of Mishaps,no support from GREEVES whatsoever,wounded,battered,but I never gave up!Thats why the titled me:Hero of the Six Days 1964 in Erfurt,East Germany!
    I still own 2 GREEVES Pathfinder(one Trial,one Enduro 170cc)and one Anglian THS.I need some parts to get the Bikes running:Exhaust System,Seat for Trial,Engine Parts,Exhaust System for Anglian.I have brand new Frame,Swingarm,Footrest's(Pathfinder)to sell or exchange.I hope for positive reply,Ernie

A legend indeed! Happy Birthday for the 18th, a date shared with my own late Mother. I do hope you get answers for you required parts and get the bikes completed.

Comment

Hi Ernie. Trust all is well with you?

Sorry, don't have any Pathfinder bits, but good luck in your search. Is either of them one of the Swiss team ISDT bikes?
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

ISDT Pathfinders

Hi Colin!
        Sorry,no ISDT Bikes.I sold mine,bought a new one and used it from 1973 to 1976,riding Enduros in Switzerland and Germany.
        ISDT 1972 in Czechoslovakia I crashed on the first Day and finished in Hospital with serious neck troubles.On the last Day,Arthur Browning,a personal Friend of mine(ex GREEVES Works-Rider)crashed heavy,broke the hip and finished in Hospital too.Later we found out,he used my Bed(I got out in Plasters early Saturday morning!)Swiss Rider Christian Steffen,No.184 with his Pathfinder rode all 6 Days,helped an injured Rider,therefore came 5 Min.too late after one Hour and was excluded!No Help from Jury Members!
        Have a good time!Ernie

Comment

Pathfinder

Hi Ernie,

RBO in Austria carry quite a few Puch engine parts, Check their website, RBO.at.
          I have used them myself in the rebuilding of my Pathfinder.

Best of luck.

Mike.

Comment

As I read it, Ernie needs Anglian parts, for which he has Pathfinder parts to exchange!

AndyB

Comment

AndyB,
              As I read it , the word "bikes" is plural, whuch means more than one.

MikeV

Comment

Puch Parts

Originally posted by MikeV View Post
                Hi Ernie,

RBO in Austria carry quite a few Puch engine parts, Check their website, RBO.at.
                I have used them myself in the rebuilding of my Pathfinder.

Best of luck.

Mike.
                Hi Mike,
                Thank you for your information regarding Puch parts.Your help is much appreciated.Kind regards,Ernie

Comment

Originally posted by MikeV View Post
                  AndyB,
                  As I read it , the word "bikes" is plural, whuch means more than one.

MikeV
                  MikeV,

Now I re-read it, you are of course correct!

AndyB

Comment

Working...
                  X