Newby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newby

Hi, Have just joined the Greeves Riders Association having recently purchased a Griffon. I hope to get advice on problems I may have restoring it.
    I live in West Devon close to the Cornwall boarder. I am a retired school teacher of 27 years, having first done a 5 year apprenticeship with Perkins Engines.Then after 3years in the factory left and spent 12 years in the motor trade,3 years teacher training and then 27 with 11 to18 year olds.
    I restore anything with a petrol/diesel engine. At present I have 2 classic tractors,a couple of Seagull O/B motors,a BSA Bantam and latterly the Griffon.
    I look forward to chatting/meeting some of you and maybe I may be able to help with some of your problems. starider

Hello, thanks for making yourself known. Especially at midnight!

There is always lots of knowledgeable (and not-so-knowledgeable) help and advice on here. If you can add to that, please do so.

Do get in touch with Chairman Rob for an upgrade to full member status and access to the members-only area.

A Griffon eh? What model? When you're upgraded you can post pictures and show us how you're getting on with it.

Welcome aboard!
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Nice to have another member in the West Country - I am near Exeter

Comment

I am the other way; ooh err missus, I don't mean like that..... I mean the other way to Exeter, in Bodmin! I have zero knowledge of Griffons, btw....

Comment

Sounds like a West Country meet up is needed

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome.I will try to keep everyone upto date on the resto The Griffon was verified in 1996 by this association as a 60m Endure competition model. Not sure yet what the designation means, but hopefully in time I will find out. Thanks again, Tony [ starider]
            Originally posted by starider View Post
            Hi, Have just joined the Greeves Riders Association having recently purchased a Griffon. I hope to get advice on problems I may have restoring it.
            I live in West Devon close to the Cornwall boarder. I am a retired school teacher of 27 years, having first done a 5 year apprenticeship with Perkins Engines.Then after 3years in the factory left and spent 12 years in the motor trade,3 years teacher training and then 27 with 11 to18 year olds.
            I restore anything with a petrol/diesel engine. At present I have 2 classic tractors,a couple of Seagull O/B motors,a BSA Bantam and latterly the Griffon.
            I look forward to chatting/meeting some of you and maybe I may be able to help with some of your problems. starider

Comment

starider

Hi,
              In addition to my first post, I am often asked why the use of the name starider.When in 1979 I completed 3 years teacher training and began my probationary year teaching, I took the opportunity to train as a motor cycle instructor, the organisation was called Star Rider. I was an instructor for 15years until the company was disbanded. Hence the name !!!! Tony

Comment

Working...
              X