new member.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member.

HI to all, i had several greeves road bikes with the 2t engine, then in 1968/9 i bought a new 380 griffon from comerfords and raced it for 3 or 4 yrs, 300 races, and fell off 264 times, i kept a record lol. sold it then bought another in 1978, raced at canada heights but clutch was slipping so stripped it down and it gradually moved into loft, last summer i decided it was time to get it out, and now slowly getting there by memory is failing so i have to put some questions on the forum .
    i have joined the pre65 motocross club and will hopefully get out there some time this year.

You are in the right place for advice and help.....and some leg-pulling!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the GRA, Brian. If you're a full Member ask Rob to upgrade your Forum status to give access to all the nooks and crannies of this great site. Look forward to meeting you at one of the Pre 65 Club scrambles.
      Last edited by johnrunnacles; 07/05/2015, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Brian, you are upgraded! Welcome to the GRA and the Forum. I hope you find both useful. We have various items of Griffon info in the archives plus a number of engineering drawings.

Get that bike going again!

Cheers,

Rob

Comment

Brian,
          Also a warm welcome from me....I am the Scrambles rep for the GRA - and by strange coincidence have a similar spill to race ratio that you have !! ....so just shout if you need any input on the Griffon or getting back into racing........suggest you take a look at the Greeves Championship thread with commentary, results, banter and helmet cam footage to wet your appetite !

Arrange meetings and notify other forum users of forthcoming shows that may be of interest.

Cheers Kim

Comment

Hello Brian,
            Welcome and check out the Griffon QUB post in projects and a good example of how not to do it.

Craig

Comment

thanks for the warm welcome lads, i made a start last yr on the griff, took most of it to richard deal at "greeves m/cycles" he sold me a +80 piston that was to long, i had to turn 3mm off the skirt to make it fit.
              i cant find any ID or frame number on it, any clues?
              more info to share, i have a quantity of alloy plate ranging from 2mm to 10mm
              and a plasma for cutting, i am involved in making parts for race cars and banger racing . been a fabricator/welder for 45 yrs , i also have a friend that biulds steam engines so feel free to ask.

Comment

The frame number on Griffons is on a metal plate attached to the steering head. They do seem to go missing.
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

well i got impatient rebuilding the 380 after going to all the meeting this yr at the pre 65 club so i bought a 250 griffon and had my first race in 38 yrs last sunday at marks tey. wow guess who's not fit. but i didnt fall off and i didnt come last and i still have a smile on my face.
                  question, any one have trouble with the new motocross type boots, they dont bend and i was having a problem changing gear.

Comment

Working...
                  X