Another new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new member

Hello, just introducing myself. Tony Lockwood main interest is in classic bikes particularly road racers. Just aquired a Greeves Oulton engined special that I am keen to find out its history. So if anyone out there has any photo's/info generally of late 60's early 70's Snetterton circuit of a Frank Ball, he I believe built the frame of the bike and raced then quite sucessfully, I would be more than interested.
    Can't remember the last time I rode a Greeves but it must of been over 45 years ago!

Tony Welcome Back to Greeves!!

Tony
    A warm welcome back to Greeves and also to the GRA forum. I am sure Colin Sparrow and other experts will be able to assist. We have many other roadracers who are members and on this forum as well as some of the ex factory race mechanics as well - so just shout if you need any other technical assistance. Vast majority of folks on the forum are also GRA members as by joining the GRA you get full membership here and can post pictures and have access to archives etc etc.
    Cheers Kim

Comment

Welcome back to the fold, Tony. Don't worry about the time gap. I took a break of 35 years from all biking pursuits, only to return to my first love (a Greeves scrambler) as I neared retirement from the day job. Not as good, nor as brave a rider as I thought I was, but thanks in large part to the GRA and its members, I have had a whale of a time in the past dozen or so years. Hope you do, too!
      Last edited by johnrunnacles; 23/02/2015, 11:01 AM.

Comment

another new member

Hi Tony, nice to have a Road Racer to give some input on that side of things, 80% of the committee were at The Telford off road show this weekend,but on behalf of the club Welcome, as a matter of fact Rob Hornton, started his Greeves Oulton up in the padock he sprints this bike ,so there is one for you to get in touch with, and no doubt Rob are Chairman can fill you in with any thing you want to know. cheers Dicky

Comment

Welcome Tony,
          Only last week someone tried to convince me that Greeves made trials bikes as well as Griffon's now you come along and talk about this Oulton thingy
          What next???? invalid cars and road bikes???

Craig

Comment

Working...
          X