Newish member, David.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newish member, David.

Hello to all you Greeves riders and supporters, I have been lucky enough to become a Greeves owner once again and I would like some help on identifying a 1960 Greeves Scottish trials fitted with Cerani forks and a remote choke lever just under the seat.
    The frame number (stamped on top of the Alu down right) reads downwards.
    My other Greeves Scottish with leading link forks has the usual frame number, so if you have had experience with the more unusual frame number and would care to enlighten me, I would be very grateful, Thanks

Welcome

HI David,

The factory frame number should be on the left hand side of the headstock, ie the clutch side of the bike.. It should read from left to right, Not down?

It may have had a factory replacement frame front section, then been stamped by somebody else.

Regards

Scott

Comment

As Scott indicates, the frame number you have is meaningless. If you're certain it is 1960 it will be a 20TC or a 24TCS. It would have started life with leading forks.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

David
        Does the bike have a registration number & V5, if so what frame number is on the V5? As Colin & Scott say the number stamped on alloy beam is not a Greeves one & may be a replacement. Sometimes people use dates, but not 1944.
        The original number would have been prefixed with 60/ so maybe 60/1944 with only the actual number being stamped on the replacement beam.
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 12/02/2015, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your help gents, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X