New Member with two Greeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member with two Greeves

Hi Johnu here from Redlands California but originally from the UK (Kent). I have recently started to restore a 1970 Griffon I purchased off of ebay so will be looking for some help on that! I also have a 1961 Greeves Scottish that I restored with my dad back in about 1980 it was the first bike I got to work on as a restoration. Dad shipped the bike out here to me in Cali a few years ago.

Looking forward to starting a build thread here for the Griffon.

Cheers,
    John.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by johnu; 30/01/2015, 03:23 PM.

Hi John, welcome to the forum.

Bet it's nicer weather in CA than it is in Kent right now. Lucky you!

You're in the right part of the 'States for Greeves interest and parts, and in a month or so it will be time for "Greeves Days" in Pozo which is inland a bit from Morro Bay.

I may be telling you something you know already of course, but Greeves Days is an event not to be missed!

Good luck with the Griffon. "Bearingman" on here holds the best stock of Griffon parts in the world.

Don't forget to join the GRA. Lots of help on here.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Welcome John,
      I am two thirds through restoring two Griffons. (see thread). Although waiting on parts to arrive and been away a bit so not much done these past three weeks. Hoping to get started this weekend and will post some more pictures. Any questions please ask, they are a very clever bunch on here and I have had loads of good help and suggestions. Watch out for some of the answers, they need a good sense of humour and an even better come back. All good fun if you take it the right way.
      Craig

Comment

Yet another welcome John! I have a couple of Griffon's, neither of which work! However, the Club has a lot of info including general notes, parts and service books and gearbox tips. We also have a lot of factory drawings if you need to make anything.

The membership form can be downloaded from the website and if you speak nicely to Andy, our membership sec, (email via website), he may even let you in on the special offer that starts 1st Feb! This is join now and get full membership right round until June 2016. You will also get access to the members area on this forum and be able to access more info.

Now that's an offer you can't refuse!!

Best wishes,

Rob

GRA Chairman

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
          The membership form can be downloaded from the website and if you speak nicely to Andy, our membership sec, (email via website), he may even let you in on the special offer that starts 1st Feb! This is join now and get full membership right round until June 2016. You will also get access to the members area on this forum and be able to access more info.
          Now that's an offer you can't refuse!!
          Best wishes,
          Rob
          GRA Chairman
          Rob,
          For once you are 'behind the curve' - John has had the offer and paid his Subs via PayPal already!
          He's just waiting to have his forum status upgraded to 'GRA Member'.

(Thanks John!)

Regards
          Andy

Comment

Ah! Whoops!

I suppose the clue was in the title, 'New member with two Greeves'!

Still, it's good to appear inefficient from time to time (or a lot of the time in my case)!

Sorry about that, I got carried away with the sales pitch!

Welcome to the GRA then John, you are upgraded!

Rob

Comment

Well thanks for the welcomes! I added a couple of pics of my bikes to this thread and as you can see even the Scottish needs another resto. The Griffon pic is as I bought the bike and it looks better in the pic than in real life.

Colin, I have been in contact with Ken (bearingman) and have bought all of my parts from him so far. That Griffon he restored is my inspiration. I was supposed to be racing the Griffon with Ken next month but sadly it won't be ready for that event. Oh, and you do get fed up with sunny days eventually

Hopefully I'll start a build thread on here later today.

John.

Comment

Working...
              X