Another new member!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new member!

Hello, I'm Terry and newly an owner of a '59 Scottish 250. It's a runner and I'm planning on its first VMCC trial in a couple of weeks time. Lots to do to improve it, though, so I'll no doubt be seeking advice. I'm in east Northants, within reach of a group meeting near Cambridge, so I may well call in, but not on the Scottish, it's not yet road reg. I was given for Christmas the fine book by Mr Sparrow, so now I'm even more fired up about my "new" bike.

Hi terry, welcome to the pleasure dome....., some of the cambridge chaps use the forum, i`m sure they would be glad to see you, should you wander over that way..... otherwise, there is a bottomless pit of info & expertise in the club to use &....enjoy!

Comment

Welcome Terry, put some Griffon stickers on the tank and it will go faster but don't use plastic mudguards like Dave H.

Comment

Terrys S

High Terry,
        Welcome along to the GRA ,its great having more prospective mud plugers taking part it seems as though all the Ta,Tc and Tds are being brought back to life the last year has seen loads appear.

Good to see that is going to be used in anger, good luck hope to see you at the AGM this year Dick F

Comment

what ever next?

Craig ....plastic!.... don`t worry...u`ll only have to look at the back one....

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
            Craig ....plastic!.... don`t worry...u`ll only have to look at the back one....
            See what I mean Terry, these Griffon boys are feisty especially the plastic ones.
            Welcome again and you might see Dave in a few trials next year when he retires from racing after getting beaten by an old boy on a standard (snigger) Griffon with alloy mudguards. I suppose I could always tie my clutch hand behind my back to give Dave a chance.

Comment

Hi Terry and welcome to the Forum. Excuse all this beastly lot airing their plans to kill each other over plastic mudguards. I have them on my Anglian as alloy ones don't last long. As Dick says, it seems lots of early Greeves are starting to emerge and actually be used again. We are starting to see a few trials down this way (Sussex / Surrey / Kent / Hants) moderate their courses and actively encourage the genuine historic bikes as opposed to the modern replicas.

Get that bike going and come and join us!

Rob

Comment

feeling welcomed

Thanks for the hellos, fellers. Very encouraging. Good job there's no plastic on my.....oops.... the seat pad is plastic, and I think it should be rubber, balanced on small springs. I must find out....

Comment

Originally posted by TerryS View Post
                  Hello, I'm Terry and newly an owner of a '59 Scottish 250. It's a runner and I'm planning on its first VMCC trial in a couple of weeks time. Lots to do to improve it, though, so I'll no doubt be seeking advice. I'm in east Northants, within reach of a group meeting near Cambridge, so I may well call in, but not on the Scottish, it's not yet road reg. I was given for Christmas the fine book by Mr Sparrow, so now I'm even more fired up about my "new" bike.
                  Look forward to seeing you at one of the Cambridge Meetings at The Lord Byron Inn, 22 Church Lane, Trumpington, Cambridge CB2 9LA from 7.30pm. For location see http://www.lordbyroninn.co.uk/contact.html
                  Next meeting Thursday 15th January & then every third Thursday in the month.
                  Last edited by John Wakefield; 08/01/2015, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X