Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there - have recently joined after suffering a massive rush of blood to the head and becoming the proud owner of a very nicely refurbished 1961 Scottish.

I live quite near Chairman Rob and have already subjected him to a large degree of torment in helping me put the bike into a usable state. Its now there and received its 1st test at the recent Jack Thompson Trial, but sporting a leading link loaned to me by Rob as my metalastic bushes had gone 'limp'!!

Anyway I've now fitted some new bushes and have my own 'firm' front end refitted. If I work out how to post a photo I'll do so in the near future.

AndyB

Welcome aboard!

Hi Andy,

Good to have you with us and hope you'll enjoy the forum.

Well done for the trial, and to Rob for helping get the bike sorted.

Brian.

Comment

I hope you like villiers engines............

Welcome aboard.

David.

Comment

Can i hear your phone ringing david........ welcome from myself as well...
        Last edited by dave higgins; 16/12/2014, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Yep I am quite taken with the engine. One of the previous owners must have been a bit handy and seems to have passed on a rather good motor. Mind you its over 40 years since I last had one so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Anyway I've attached a photo showing her now well supported front end (with apologies to any lady members) following the use of Chairman Robs magic tools for pushing out/in the leading link bushes.

Next test will be at the Mike Kemp Trial on 28 Dec when I will try to avoid running out of petrol as I did at the Jack Thompson!
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Andy,
            like your tank colour, goes well with the rest of the m/c
            Good luck with it.

Colin

Comment

Hi andy, lovely looking bike, glad to see u`r getting involved....but can`t help noticing your posts are full of inuendo`s.... keep it up!.......... see you got me doing it now....
              Last edited by dave higgins; 17/12/2014, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                Can i hear your phone ringing david........ welcome from myself as well...
                Ha ha.... I just saw your post. Good one! No it's quiet now.

Comment

Originally posted by hoveactually View Post
                  Yep I am quite taken with the engine. One of the previous owners must have been a bit handy and seems to have passed on a rather good motor. Mind you its over 40 years since I last had one so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Anyway I've attached a photo showing her now well supported front end (with apologies to any lady members) following the use of Chairman Robs magic tools for pushing out/in the leading link bushes.

Next test will be at the Mike Kemp Trial on 28 Dec when I will try to avoid running out of petrol as I did at the Jack Thompson!
                  I like your tank colour. You must buy your paint from the same place as me.

Comment

Re paint job I hate to admit it but thats how it came.

Previous owner had bike resprayed in an Audi Green (very up market!) and gave me the paint code HDGRM09 - in his words, in case I scratched it, which needless to say I have and will continue to do so.

Comment

Taking the plunge...

Hi Andy,

Completely agree with all the comments about your choice of colour (and the bike!)......really nice!

Regarding Rob's magic tool, at least it's being put to good use between band rehearsals.....No wonder the damn things always out of tune though. Some people have no respect for their instrument.......

............hang on a minute, why am I suddenly typing in 'innuendo speak'.....???!!.

Brian
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 18/12/2014, 10:18 AM. Reason: Extra drivel.....!

Comment

Re paint job I hate to admit it but thats how it came.

Previous owner had bike resprayed in an Audi Green (very up market!) and gave me the paint code HDGRM09 - in his words, in case I scratched it, which needless to say I have and will continue to do so.
                        I forget the car that the paint was for on my bike, but Goodwood Green Metallic was the shade. I finished it several coats of petrol proof lacquer. Which seems to be doing the job. It has resisted any petrol spillage so far.

Comment

I'm sorry if I've lowered the tone of GRA forum postings by introducing innuendo. I shall give myself a good talking to and see if I can move on and up by using smilies as well.
                          I need to come clean re Robs magic tools!! I had the cheek to stick one piece in my lathe and modify it. I'm sure this will result in superior performance in future!
                          AndyB

Comment

Hoveactuly

Hi Andy,
                            Like the bike sorry i did not make the Jack Thompson due to a crankshaft sensor on the van packing up, but at least i got back from Kempton the day before .

Captain Mainwaring, said it was more like Vimmy Ridge in places or that was his reason for a high score sheet? he has all manner of equipment in the workshop but i expect you saw getting to it is another matter!! nice to see you are doing the red tape trial, hope we have a bumper GRA turnout. Dicky

Comment

Tone Control....

I'm sorry if I've lowered the tone of GRA forum postings by introducing innuendo. I shall give myself a good talking to and see if I can move on and up by using smilies as well.
                              I need to come clean re Robs magic tools!! I had the cheek to stick one piece in my lathe and modify it. I'm sure this will result in superior performance in future!
                              AndyB
                              Ha!!! Nice comeback Andy!

But please do keep the innuendos coming! After all, there is only one way to lower the tone on here, and that is with the special 'GRA Tone Lowering Knob'....

Brian.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X