Checking in for the first time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking in for the first time!

Hello all. My name's Frank, and this is my first visit to this site. I've just acquired a Greeves 25DB road bike - first one I've had in just under 50 years on two wheels. I bought it for two reasons - first is that my doctor advised me to give up bikes after I was diagnosed with a heart condition. I wasn't having that, so have compromised by selling off my heavy bike and going lightweight. Second was I thought the Greeves was technically interesting, what with the forks and frame and all, as well as being very comfortable for me to ride, easy to start and a good-looking machine too. (On this latter point, I've been surprised how many people have stopped to look and to pass a favourable comment.) There's one or two technical things I'm going to need some advice on, so will post those on the other parts of the site.

I live between Rotherham and Barnsley in South Yorkshire, and my other pastimes are steam engines (building, running, playing with etc) and my grandchildren.

Welcome aboard, Frank and thanks for posting. A Greeves roadster twin is a good choice if you've had enough of starting a Goldie or getting a Constellation onto its stand...

Lots of help and advice on here; even more if you join the Greeves Riders Association and get full access to the Forum. Details on the GRA website.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome, Colin. I've posted my first problem and already had a solution from Merlin. Sounds like this is the place to be! My last bike was a BMW R69s, and what a beauty it was. However, two kicks and I was down with an angina attack, and ditto for putting it on the stand. When the new owner took her away, I had to be put to bed with a bottle of wine.

Frank

Comment

GRA - I'm joining!

Colin,

I've been impressed with the speed and helpfulness of fellow members already! My application for full membership will be in the post tomorrow.

Frank

Comment

Well done, mate, be good to have you aboard!
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
          X