No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there, VeloGC here.
    Firstly I have to thank all those members who have tried to help me with my new purchase.
    My name is Geoff, I'm 70 years old and this is my first Greeves. Actually that is not strictly as I built myself a Grumph, a few hundred years ago !
    I live in Snodland, Kent - in the West Malling / Maidstone area.
    My main motorcycle interest since the age of 18 has been Velocettes. I currently have several, in various stages of completion, from a Venom Clubman back to a 1924 model A2.
    My experience of 2 strokes is very limited and my latest steed is not making it a happy association at the moment !!
    I had fancied a Greeves for a while as a nice light, nippy alternative to my RS Velo's, which seem to get a little heavier with each birthday. Fine on the move but can be less compliant when being man handled.
    So there you have a brief intro, thanks for your welcome.
    Regards, Geoff

Geoff, Welcome to the Club and I hope you soon get the problems sorted out! I'm sure you will find it a very handy little bike and one that handles exceptionally well in the wet!

I bought a Silverstone RES from Cuxton many years ago which must be pretty close to you. A friend used to race it at Brands and eventually gave up and it stayed in the garage until his ex-wife wanted it out!

Get that bike sorted!

Comment

Geoff, don't loose hope with your Greeves, there is a wealth of expertise & experience on this forum that will readily help I'm sure.
      I'm no expert but as with any internal combustion (petrol of course)it is pretty basic, Fuel in, a good squeeze a spark at the right time and Robert is your Father/Mothers brother.
      So, ensure fuel and oil ratio is ok (manufacturers spec to start with) Compression is ok and the spark happens at the right time with serviceable points, condenser & plug.
      But you already know this I'm sure. But I find that checking the basics thoroughly to start with before looking for other things often works.

Good luck
      Colin

Comment

Greeves Twin

Hi Geoff I live nearby, check your private messages for contact details...John P.

Comment

Hi Geoff,

Would you be the same Geoff from Snodland who I bought the Sturmey Archer gearbox from recently?! As you know, I'm pretty local to you so let me know if I can be of help.

Cheers,
          Andrew

Comment

Snodland

Have they bulldozed those rather wonderful Asbestos Prefabes that were built just after the war in Snodland, I wonder ?

Comment

We've only been here for fifteen years and have never seen one here, so I guess they have now gone.

Comment

Yes, Andy, that's me. Thanks for the offer of help, I shall probably need to take you up on that. Regards, Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by VeloGC View Post
                  Yes, Andy, that's me. Thanks for the offer of help, I shall probably need to take you up on that. Regards, Geoff
                  I'll give you a ring later on - I need to have a word with you about some of your other bikes.

Comment

Working...
                  X