Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Introduction

Hi, I am Andy and I'm a bikeaholic!

I am returning to the fold after many years with a view to getting my 1959 Scottish Special (which some mates and I bought as a "field bike" in the late 70s and has been languishing in a barn on a mates farm for most of the intervening years) back into useable, road legal and registered condition.

My interest in bike is fairly obvious from my user name as you can see! In current ownership I have the Scottish, a Laverda Jota 180 which I have owned from new in 1979 and a Ducati ST3s which I bought in 2006 to do a bit of Euro-touring on.

My previous history is heavily Italian oriented with Benelli, Moto Morini and Moto Guzzi in there. I am not prejudiced though, I have ridden about 50 different bikes over the years from A-Y (never had the opportunity to throw my leg over a Zundapp!).

I have also owned a Honda CX500 engined JZR Trike (a Morgan 3-wheeler style kit car), a Honda PC50 step-through moped and a Phönix (or Peugeot) rolling chassis/50cc Sachs 3-speed-twist-grip-change engined "bitsa" moped.

Anybody with help, advice, suggestions (especially in the N.Staffs, S.Cheshire, E.Salop area) feel free to contact me - he said hopefully.

Cheers,

Andy,

Newcastle-under-Lyme.

Hello and welcome aboard, Andy. Plenty of willing and knowledgeable Greeves help on here - and plenty of bikeacholics also.

Not quite sure about your avatar - incinerated many bike seats lately?
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the words of welcome.

You know what it's like, a couple of pints and a lamb madras...

Tried to use an animated avatar but the system wouldn't let me !

Cheers.

Andy.

Comment

as an old fashioned trials rider what on earth is this avatar thing you lot are going on about , will.

Comment

Your avatar is the little picture top left that you can post with your ID.

In Andy's case rocket propelled, in my case Greeves propelled...
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

...and in my case, best left to the imagination!

Welcome aboard and I'm sure there are plenty of people to help with the Scottish.

I also have one scattered about the place with some bits stripped of paint and rusting. The back wheel is laying in the garden! Oh dear, I feel yet another rebuild coming on!

Comment

Working...
            X