Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24mds820

Hi All

I'm a new member here and not quite sure of the protocols for this at the moment. But in the mean while, and if 'there's anybody out there' that can help I'm trying, and failing badly to track down a Villiers 36a for my MDS, which would appear to be like tying to find the proverbial 'rocking horse poo'

In addition to tying to find the Holy Grail well, that is for less than 2k, I'm also after an engine cradle & Aluminium fuel tank to boot! I must also confess that although I've reviewed the Greeves frame data I'm still a little uncertain as to the year of my bike. As 24MDS appears in three year categories and therefore I'm guessing the 820 signification must have some bearing!

If any one can offer some advice it will be greatly appreciated, as at present I'm going to try a few numbers out of the Leading Link book for the cradle and what ever else is available.

Best contact for me is: Nigeljohn-1@hotmail.co.uk
    Or I'll try to check this as and when possible

Kind Regards Nigel. Bristol

24mds820

the frame number usualy first MDS made was 24MDS101 THE FIRST 6 ARE USUALY WORKS AFTER - WORKS SUPPORTED AND SO ON . so subtract 101 from the number will give you the production number

I have the "last one made" 24MDS1370

ENGINES ARE HARD TO GET best is to use a dynastart 250 bottom end can be used to copy a 36a with cotton spares castings and little m/c work and a new top guts from simon name tab tanks are remanufactured

engine cradle copy one or have one cut but there hard to get cut as drawings lack detail and meaurement for outside image if you make them they will be better than originals (scoff scoff) one of the old books has the drawings in
    and megaphone drawing.

gary

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel View Post
      Hi All

I must also confess that although I've reviewed the Greeves frame data I'm still a little uncertain as to the year of my bike. As 24MDS appears in three year categories and therefore I'm guessing the 820 signification must have some bearing!
      Hi Nigel, welcome to the forum. Your bike left the factory in 1963.

A 36A with Greeves square barrel would be the right engine for 1963, however don't overlook a 34A if one turns up, they were fitted to the 24MDS in 1961 and 62.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

MDS - Thanks Chaps

Thanks chaps i'll keep you posted with my progress. If I can get hold of a template or drawing for the cradle I will draw some copies into Solid works and Autocad for future reference

Cheers Nige

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel View Post
          Thanks chaps i'll keep you posted with my progress. If I can get hold of a template or drawing for the cradle I will draw some copies into Solid works and Autocad for future reference

Cheers Nige
          I think they are advertised in the Leading Link mag

Comment

Working...
          X