Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow me to introduce myself...

Hi Chaps.

I have just registered on the forum, having been a member of the GRA for; well, having just scrabbled through my 'Greeves' folder, the earliest membership card I can find shows a renewal date of June 1998; so 13 years, then!
    At the time of joining, I was attempting to trial my early 24TE in the local Launceston MCC trials, having had an interest in Greeves since school days, when a school chum arrived one day on a 20DB; or maybe it was a DC...
    I was smitten, but had to make do with my 1954 Anzani engined 250cc Norman; not quite the same thing.
    I still own the 24TE, although it is stripped for a tidy-up, having suffered the odd bodge in a previous life, and my having called at least a temporary halt to trials riding, due to age and decrepitude. I may return to it yet, though, when I get younger.
    Along the way, I have gathered a 24TES basket case, frame no. 24TES101; which I believe to be correct. I have had an article published in the Leading Link a few years ago, seeking any information on the machine, but drew a blank. Since then, I have been gathering parts in order to restore to an original, but useable, condition.
    Another 'project' which came along is a 24MCS Mk2 rolling chassis, for which I am also gathering parts.
    So many projects; so little time! i could go on....

Cheers
    Ian
    Last edited by IanCordes; 29/05/2010, 10:53 PM.

Welcome aboard Ian!

A warm welcome to the forum Ian, and great to have another long standing member on board! Great that you could join us.

Thanks for that interesting 'hello!' post too, and best of luck with the projects!

Keep us informed on how they're progressing, and hope you will find lots of interesting posts here to enjoy!

Brian.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, Brian.

Unfortunately the Greeves projects are behind a couple of Nortons, and a Matchless G3LC, which have at least made it out of the boxes and onto benches!

As I said, so many projects....

Ian

Comment

I know the feeling only too well Ian.....!!!

Regarding your other interesting sounding machines, have you seen rarpos7's new thread in 'Non-Greeves Motorcycles Chat' ('Bikes Other Than Greeves')? Be great to hear more about them as well, if you get a minute!

Thanks again for posting!

Comment

Working...
        X