Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya. My name is Mick Swithenbank and live three miles north of not so sunny Eastbourne in Sussex. I took purchase of my 250 griffon on 13 may(total basket case)as iv'e been looking for one that i could afford to restore for three years. The bike bike is almost complete all but a few things missing which i feel might be as hard as finding chickens teeth (i do like a challenge). My intentions are to bring it back to its former glory if at all possible but knew i would need some expert advise and there's no where better than the GRA. I stated stripping it down and when it came to the forks one of the bolts snapped on the top yoke(leading link,banana type),hence my user name.Is this drastic. Can anyone tell me how to remove the forks as every other bolt is off but they still seem to be fixed solid. Man thanks.

Membership application

Forgot to mention that i have sent off my membership form and cheques in the post(honest)

Comment

Griffon Banana Forks

You have to tap the bolts down on the top yoke or in your case bolt. They have an expander plug inside the fork tube. Use a drift on the broken side to punch down on the remains of bolt....John P.

Comment

banana forks

Thanks very much John. Funny thing is i was thinking on my way to work i wonder if it works on the same idea as a handle bar stem on a pushbike with a tapered nut. I Have filled both sides with WD40 and will wait until the weekend before attempting it. Am i correct in saying that all fixings are BSF/Whitworth, if so where can i get these. There is a mixture of all sorts on it at the moment.
        Many thanks
        Mick

Comment

Mick,

I have upgraded your forum access to GRA member and you can now see a bit more.

If you need any info on the Griffon, let me know as I have a couple in various bits! Not too far away from you but over the east/west divide!

Welcome to the GRA and good luck with the rebuild.

Cheers,

Rob

Comment

Working...
          X