Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, my name is Peter, I joined the GRA at the Bristol show this year, I purchased a derelict 1964 25DC sportstwin 2 years ago, which at present is in a dismantled state, I own a BSA WDM20, an A10, a Triumph T100T, Honda CB750K2, and a Honda CB250K4, so for me the Greeves is a change of direction into the world of smoky 2 stroke's. I look forward to getting the greeves back together and "on the road" it was registered new in 1965, the last tax disc expired June 1971, and it has 11,000 miles on the clock, it has of course been "enjoyed" as a field bike and was totally worn out when purchased, the engine has been rebuilt, new crank etc, all the brightwork re-plated, new parts obtained, frameparts blasted and primed, just got to paint, and re-assemble, hopefully ready for the 2014 riding season?

Welcome Peter, I'm sure you will be able to get plenty of advice from our archives, including the thorny subject of "Moorland Blue"! Hope to see photos of your bike soon.

Comment

New members

Welcome Peter to the GRA, as co-organiser of the stand at the Bristol Show,I probably met you especially if you where speaking Roadster talk.We are always seeking fresh bikes to keep our stand interesting, We would love to have you exhibiting next year,please respond to our request,which will appear in the Oct.issue of Leading Link. Best wishes, Les.

Comment

Welcome aboard 'smitpet' as you have joined the GRA you need to get upgraded on here to a full member. If you send an email to 'Rob' together with your real name and address he will up grade you so you can then access members only pages, & upload up pics
        With regards to the 25DC, you say it is a 1964 model, so has this the 4T engine & full width hubs, if so it could be a 25DC Mk2 (Moorland Blue) or East Coaster (Black) The 25DC Mk 2 was 1964 only & the East Coaster 1965/6
        If you let me know the frame number I can confirm which it is.

Comment

New Member Smitpet

Hi Peter,

Nice to see some new members anytime joining, and the more road machines the better as we could do with some more input from that direction.

Not sure where you live but if you can get to Oxford next weekend for the Auto Jumble and the talk by Tony Davis and AGM I am sure that it would be a worthwhile trip . Dicky F

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
            Welcome aboard 'smitpet' as you have joined the GRA you need to get upgraded on here to a full member. If you send an email to 'Rob' together with your real name and address he will up grade you so you can then access members only pages, & upload up pics
            With regards to the 25DC, you say it is a 1964 model, so has this the 4T engine & full width hubs, if so it could be a 25DC Mk2 (Moorland Blue) or East Coaster (Black) The 25DC Mk 2 was 1964 only & the East Coaster 1965/6
            If you let me know the frame number I can confirm which it is.
            More likely to be the 2T because the 4T only found its way into the 25DC in September 1964. Strictly speaking it would have had an all Moorland-Blue tank with a bit of gold lining, but I seem to remember you saying you'd had your's done in the earlier two-tone blue? Have to agree it's a better look.

Anyway, welcome aboard Peter.
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
            X