Newish Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newish Member

Thought I had better introduce myself, my name is Terry Clarke, middle name begins with W hence my username is terryw, should have kept it simple and just used my name.
    Joined the forum the end of 2011 and found it very interesting and informative, but as a basic user I did not post.
    My first interest in Greeves began in 1958 aged 13 when I cycled to scrambles at Clifton and Kniveton in Derbyshire. Just read Out Front! which brought back many memories.
    A Francis Barnett was my first motorcycle costing the princely sum of £17.10s, followed by a 250 Greeves Sports Twin bought in 1963 from a cousin, unfortunately I have lost all details of this motorcycle.
    I'm now looking to buy a 25DC or similar to use for local runs, it would be ideal to find a good condition sorted example rather than one that had been just restored and not ridden.
    Just as an aside, my first Leading Link magazine was number 168, wondered who the rider was on the front of 167.
    A very Happy New Year to all members

Originally posted by terryw View Post
    Thought I had better introduce myself, my name is Terry Clarke, middle name begins with W hence my username is terryw, should have kept it simple and just used my name.
    Joined the forum the end of 2011 and found it very interesting and informative, but as a basic user I did not post.
    My first interest in Greeves began in 1958 aged 13 when I cycled to scrambles at Clifton and Kniveton in Derbyshire. Just read Out Front! which brought back many memories.
    A Francis Barnett was my first motorcycle costing the princely sum of £17.10s, followed by a 250 Greeves Sports Twin bought in 1963 from a cousin, unfortunately I have lost all details of this motorcycle.
    I'm now looking to buy a 25DC or similar to use for local runs, it would be ideal to find a good condition sorted example rather than one that had been just restored and not ridden.
    Just as an aside, my first Leading Link magazine was number 168, wondered who the rider was on the front of 167.
    Is that Kniveton near Anston? If so where was the scrambles track. A Happy New Year to all

Comment

Originally posted by terryw View Post
      Hi Terry, thanks for making yourself known. The cover photos for Leading Link are normally captioned at the start of the editorial section on page 2.

The rider in question is GRA General Secretary Mike Eady.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Baskill View Post
        Is that Kniveton near Anston? If so where was the scrambles track. A Happy New Year to all
        Kniveton near Ashbourne. I used to cycle there as well. Clifton had televised scrambles - some big names there.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzer View Post
          Kniveton near Ashbourne. I used to cycle there as well. Clifton had televised scrambles - some big names there.
          Thanks for the info

Comment

Yes it was Kniveton near Ashbourne and was run by Derby Phoenix. Clifton was run by Derby Pathfinders and is still used today as a trials course.

Comment

Working...
            X