New Geordie member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Geordie member

Hi the names Denny,a Geordie 10 mls west of Newcastle,retired and spend most of my time in workshop restoring bikes,however computers are a complete mistery to me and I no I'm going strugle with this.Have just bought a24TES to do next years Beamish trial,needs some work,engine and gearbox
    sorrted,but need to no where to get fork and swinging arm bushes fitted and
    carb info,its fitted with 30mm concentric is this to big? engine 250cc with
    M20 EX2 stamped on head .
    P.S. whats a Tag?

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Forum. I'll leave it to others to respond to your questions - and they will..

The forum is searchable and a tag is simply another title or keyword to make it easier to search for information.

I'm going to take your first post off the other thread, just to save confusion.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Swinging arm bushes

Hi Denny, you phoned me earlier today for some swinging arm bushes for your TES. I am afraid I must have got your address wrong as my postal service could not find it. You can Email me on terry.tdsservices@googlemail.com. I can give some other info you require as well. Terry Sewell

Comment

Denny, the M20 code denotes MDS scrambler. Was this stamped on the head or barrel? As you have a 30mm carb, I'm wondering if you have a MDS barrel also? Have a look above the inlet on the barrel and see if there is a little area between the fins with a M20 number again. What is your frame number prefix?

Comment

Upgrade

Hi Rob,
          how can I get an upgrade please.

Terry Sewell

Comment

Information

Originally posted by Rob View Post
            Denny, the M20 code denotes MDS scrambler. Was this stamped on the head or barrel? As you have a 30mm carb, I'm wondering if you have a MDS barrel also? Have a look above the inlet on the barrel and see if there is a little area between the fins with a M20 number again. What is your frame number prefix?
            Hi Rob,yes there's a number,M20 EXA,this is not the engine it left the factory
            with.I dont intend to do trials with it ,just stuff like the beamish and a bit of
            gentle trail rideing.The frame No 24 TES 191,the dateing cert said it left the
            works as a trials model,If it is scrambles engine any idea how suitable it would be for the road.

Comment

Terry - I upgraded you yesterday when I first saw your post. Haven't seen you around lately! Cheers, Rob

Comment

Denny,

The 1963 ISDT bikes were based on the TES but with a MDS engine. I am building a replica and will be green laning it and have a MDS barrel that I will be using. So, to answer your question, your engine will be very suitable!

Rob

Comment

Working...
                X