25DC Sports Twin problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cambridge meeting

We meet Thursday (20th) night at The Hoops Barton (CB23 7BD) at 7.30. Anyone is welcome, just natter & noggin. Usually about 5 to 10 turn up, but dont expect a row of Greeves outside this time of year.
    We share the venue with the British Two Stroke Club, a couple of their members usually attend.

Comment

John meant to say third Thursday of the month. Every month. Hence it's on tomorrow evening. Leading Link carries the dates; they're usually accurate...
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Yippee!

Thanks John and Colin, I can't make it tonight or in January, but will come over when I can.
        By the way, my problem is fixed. The needle retaining clip arrived today, put it on and it responded to the throttle as it should instead of dying, but was still a bit spluttery. Put on the new condenser across the sparking set of points and bingo, off she went. Now need some decent weather to drive it on the road.
        I will enjoy Xmas all the more now that's fixed.
        Last edited by grahamyoung1942; 20/12/2012, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Needle clip

[QUOTE=grahamyoung1942;13076] Can't find it anywhere though despite fingertip search.QUOTE]

I hope it has not gone into the engine!!!!!

Comment

So do I. I don't think it can have as it can't really get in through the top of the carb, and I had to lift the slide and needle etc out of the top to remove the carb cover, so if it was ever there it could only have dropped on the floor. There were no nasty noises while it was running today anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X