Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Validation of 'Basic Users' to 'GRA Members'.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Validation of 'Basic Users' to 'GRA Members'.

As you will see, as a 'Basic User' you can't attach pics. You need to be a paid up member of the GRA (Quote from BT on previous thread in 'Roadster in waiting'-post moved here as it was 'off topic'.)

Why am I listed as a basic user??:
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 17/05/2010, 12:20 PM.

Originally posted by merlin View Post
    As you will see, as a 'Basic User' you can't attach pics. You need to be a paid up member of the GRA

Why am I listed as a basic user??:
    Hi Merlin,

Regarding 'Basic Users' being able to upload pics etc, this is the information I have been given, and is as I understand it. (Incidently, the reason we must be careful to limit the size of attached pics to that specified is because we have limited bandwith on the forum and will quickly use it all up if we post huge pics/large files.)

As far as why you are still listed as a 'Basic User' (if you are a GRA club member), there are posts elsewhere (in 'New Members') that explain the procedure to upgrade to 'GRA Member'. In the interests of auditability, it has been decided that validation of all members (and upgrading them to 'GRA Member') is done through Rob, as he is a GRA Committee member. I no longer am. How to do this is explained in the post(s) I mentioned, and as I understand it, it shouldn't take more than a couple of days.

It could be that Rob is away and hasn't picked up the email you will have sent him, according to the procedure outlined-I honestly don't know. I'm just helping out with moderation on the forum, getting rid of spammers, etc. I personally cannot upgrade anyone. I would suggest that you send Rob an email (or PM) and query it with him.

I have also moved these posts to the 'New Members' sub forum as we are going 'off-topic'.

Hope this helps,

Brian.
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 17/05/2010, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X