Newby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newby

hi guys just joined the site, mainly for my dad who doesn't have a pc but is building a greeves and will need advice about bits and pieces
    so hello and hope you can help along the way

Nice to see you on here, and that Greeves (on the other thread, folks) looks a cracker.

For best advice, help etc. I'd suggest you (or your dad) join the Greeves Riders Association.
    Details on the website: www.greeves-riders.org.uk.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

"...that Greeves (on the other thread, folks) looks a cracker......"

Isn't that Dave Bicker's European Championship winning bike Colin, on show at Telford....?
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 12/05/2010, 07:40 PM. Reason: Speeeling mistake!!!

Comment

Dunno. Is it? I didn't get to Telford.
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Looks like it (I didn't go either!) You can just about make out the 'blurb' on the front numberplate, and I recognised it from other pics I've seen.

No wonder it needs new fork bushes then eh....!!!

Comment

hi guys thanks for the welcome the bike in question could dave bickers bike my old man went the show and wanted some inspiration for his bike so he took loads of pictures and only used that one because it was handy and on my hard drive, i will get some pictures of my dads bike in the next few weeks, its a 1961 scottish but he is making it into a road going enduro style bike..

Comment

Sounds great, and looking forward to seeing those pics! I have a 1959/60 24TCS Scottish myself and love it to bits! I would strongly recommend doing a bit of research before setting too with the spanners though, as I did with my own bike. There's loads of help available within the club. It's surprising how many differences there were between the various Scottish trials models, due to Greeves constant development in the heat of competition which was then passed on directly to the bikes that 'ordinary folk' could buy.

By the way, have you seen that great pic of Dave Bickers visiting the GRA stand at Telford this year on the website? It's a cracker, and Dave's a complete legend, a lovely and very unassuming bloke, especially considering all his many outstanding achievements. All the best 'legends' are, after all...!

Best of luck with the project.

Comment

thanks brian my dad has had greeves in the past he had a 1966 greeves Anglian so he has some experience with greeves i will sort some pics out of the old greeves and post them on here

Comment

Working...
                X