New Member in the NE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member in the NE

Hi - I am Ron and live at the mouth of the River Tyne in the NE. I am now retired and have just realised a dream of buying a 1960 Greeves Scottish with a Villiers 9E engine. Cosmetically the bike is reasonable but will be improved this summer. I have not managed to get it going yet save for a short burst of life and then dying. We have managed to get a good spark but just in case I am replacing the spark plug and putting in some fresh petrol. I cannot find anything wrong with the carb but it seems like the mixture is not getting through although we have got good compression and she has kicked back on a couple of times.
    She is now in my garage with an Ossa 250 SDR which is undergoing a full restoration and also an Ossa Explorer 250 which is being tidied up. The Greeves will be entered into this years Beamish Trial.
    I am on a steep learning curve and anxious to get any info on Greeves bikes.

Good luck with the Greeves, it won't match the SDR for speed though! I had to detune mine a bit to avoid incidents....

Comment

Beamish

Originally posted by ronwright26 View Post
      Hi - I am Ron and live at the mouth of the River Tyne in the NE. I am now retired and have just realised a dream of buying a 1960 Greeves Scottish with a Villiers 9E engine. Cosmetically the bike is reasonable but will be improved this summer. I have not managed to get it going yet save for a short burst of life and then dying. We have managed to get a good spark but just in case I am replacing the spark plug and putting in some fresh petrol. I cannot find anything wrong with the carb but it seems like the mixture is not getting through although we have got good compression and she has kicked back on a couple of times.
      She is now in my garage with an Ossa 250 SDR which is undergoing a full restoration and also an Ossa Explorer 250 which is being tidied up. The Greeves will be entered into this years Beamish Trial.
      I am on a steep learning curve and anxious to get any info on Greeves bikes.
      Hi Ron,I'm in Crawcrook,10mls west of Nc/le.I'v just bought a Scotish,whitch
      I'm busy restoring also to have a go at next years Beamish.
      So far I'v done the gear box and have all parts to rebuild the engine,
      the wheels are away geting new rims,frame etc ready to go for powder
      coating,the Beamish will be here before you no it.
      Hope to see you there.
      Denny

Comment

Working...
      X