Website screwed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website screwed

I am trying to join but the website seems screwed. When you click the membership tab it just returns you to home; some other tabs do the same.
    When you try to log in to send an email nothing happens.
    Ron

Ron, welcome aboard. You will see that you are only a basic user, so not able to access all the facilities of the forum. Do I presume you have joined the GRA? If so, you can be upgraded to full access by the webmaster.

Comment

Chaps, the website is not 'screwed', registration is closed to new users temporarily. We have an ongoing problem with spam which we hope to fix soon.

Cheers,

Rob

Comment

Website screwed

Website is now AOK for us basic users

Comment

I think Ron meant the main website, rather than the forum. He's right - some of the pages weren't working properly, apologies for this. All fixed now!

Comment

Home page

Ian when you get time the Home Page needs bringing up to date ie following topics need removing as long out of date
            Forum Maintainance
            Don Smith Trial
            GRA web site launched
            Terrific Telford
            New Greeves for Telford

Comment

John - If we had a few more volunteers it would help! I know all that lot needs doing, Ian can't do it, he needs the content from me.

I've done about 20 hours / week for the last 2 weeks on GRA matters and I've still got a stack of drawing requests.

It also looks like I'm Leading Link editor as no one else wants to do it

So - how about writing a bit on road bikes or events and we will put them on?!

All volunteers very welcome!

Comment

The web site home page

Rob
                I dont think adding extra new topics on road bikes or events to the home page will help, thats what LL is for. Just remove the dead wood & leave it with the links that are in place. The more date sensitive text you put on the harder it is to maintain. The home page just needs to give a basic outline of the club & its activities with the links to various aspects, bike id, membership form, calender, forum etc, & worded such that you dont need to keep going in & updating it every few weeks. Sorry mate I am not getting at you or Ian just trying to make some suggestions that will make life easier. I run a web site myself so know the problems.
                But after all the web site is our 'shop window' to the world on our club & we need to keep it up to date.

Comment

Working...
                X