Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUB newbie

hi just saying hello
    we have a griffon 380 qub.its number 120 very complete and in great running order.it was used for the 1st 3 years in club comps then retired and has lived ever since in a well aired garage .any other info would be gratefully recieved.we believe it is the last of the qub with only 120 being made but only 20 or so came out of thr factory before a fire?

Hi
    Welcome to the forum. Mk1 or Mk 2 QUB?
    many more mk 1s were made than 120......but only I believe about 40 or so mk 2's .
    If you join the GRA then as a member the guys here can track down your frame number vs factory despatch records and maybe find some details.
    You planning to race it next season? if yes and its a mk 1 - then you are you have chosen a very competitive pre74 bike - and you will love the power delivery
    Cheers Kim

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
      Hi
      Welcome to the forum. Mk1 or Mk 2 QUB?
      many more mk 1s were made than 120......but only I believe about 40 or so mk 2's .
      If you join the GRA then as a member the guys here can track down your frame number vs factory despatch records and maybe find some details.
      You planning to race it next season? if yes and its a mk 1 - then you are you have chosen a very competitive pre74 bike - and you will love the power delivery
      Cheers Kim
      thank you kim
      no plans for racing it really,its been stationary for soooo many years and i cannot see that changing.we believe it to be the last of the mk2s but,again would love more details

Comment

Hi - yes sounds like one of the last Mk 2's - Are you a GRA member? - as for sure if yo are then the guys here can check out your frame from the factory records and give you more background. Druid (john) was working in the factory at the time so has a wealth of knowledge about these bikes.
        Cheers Kim

Comment

qub griffon

has your mk2 q.u.b. still got its original girling gas shocks. if so, do you happen to know what the centres measurement is.

Comment

gas shocks

yes it still has them do you want to know the centers ?

Apparently there were 25 bikes sold the other 25 of the production were broken up to provide spares for the 25 total of 50 made i think dave harper told me if not andrew.

BLACK CAT PUBLICATIONS "GREAT BRITTISH BIKES" easy to find ISBN 0-748-0020-2 have some lovely photos of them.

I do have a picture of a BRAND NEW ONE in australia in collection he was asked to sell it he said -NEVER.

One mk2 QUB running - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4cpZatS9gs

they feel like a maico for power delivery
            Last edited by greeves246; 20/09/2012, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Maico yuk!

Originally posted by greeves246 View Post
              yes it still has them do you want to know the centers ?

Apparently there were 25 bikes sold the other 25 of the production were broken up to provide spares for the 25 total of 50 made i think dave harper told me if not andrew.

BLACK CAT PUBLICATIONS "GREAT BRITTISH BIKES" easy to find ISBN 0-748-0020-2 have some lovely photos of them.

I do have a picture of a BRAND NEW ONE in australia in collection he was asked to sell it he said -NEVER.

One mk2 QUB running - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4cpZatS9gs

they feel like a maico for power delivery

I had a '77 Maico 400 which was horribly wooly at low revs, and a total pain to start - I think the QUBs are much nicer to ride. The later Maicos are much better, the earlier ones are a bit over-rated in my opinion.

Cheers,
              Andrew

Comment

girling gas shock centres

Yes please, if you have the centres measurement i would be grateful. Then, i would know exactly what i'm looking for. Think i remember seeing a pic of the one in Australia in VMX magazine, amongst a row of other mx bikes. Wondered what it was doing over there. Have the book 'great british bikes' too. the pics originally came from the 1970's monthly publication 'on two wheels' i think.
                Last edited by twinport; 24/09/2012, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X