Hi From New Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi From New Member

Joined last week. Bought a 250 Greeves TES last month which is not registered.
    Bit of a mongrel but very tidy. 250 square barrel with 9E cases and gearbox. Borrani rim on the rear and very rusty chrome rim on the front. British alloy hubs but no speedo drive brake plate on rear.
    Going to get it MOT'd but the brakes want re-lining.
    Where is the best place to buy linings and rivets.
    Looks like I shall require further assistance with this project in the future as I would like to put a matching Borrani on the front and hopefully a 32A bottom end and gearbox as well.
    Regards Pete T

Brake linings

Villiers Services http://www.villiersservices.co.uk/ supply Greeves brake shoes with bonded on linings. No one bothers with rivets these days. You would have to trawl autojumbls to find linings & rivets

Comment

Brake linings

Thanks John I will give them a try.
      PeteT

Comment

Pete T new members TES

Hi Pete, the TES had crankcases almost the same as 9E the crankcase mouth was larger for the 32A But that has been done if you have the square barrel fitted. The gearbox was also virtually the same and it looks the same, obviously the ratios were different on the 9E road box. The 37A type smaller cluchcase inner and outer were fitted on the TES...John.

Comment

Working...
        X