Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certificate of authenticity for a Scottish

Hi All

I recently purchased a 1961 Scottish trials.

I have had in through its MOT and managed to Insure it.

I took it to DVLA to register it for the 1st time and I hit a snag.

Although I had all the documents that their website told me to take I apparently am missing a certificate of authenticity.

Can anyone help me to sort this out please?

Ian

Yes, I think you need to join the Club and get the appropriate dating certificate.
    Just why they think you are trying to pull some fast one, I'm not sure, but those are the rules.

Comment

The GRA has a DVLA Authentication Officer. He provides an authentication service. There's a £20 fee both for GRA members and non-members.

The machine will need to be inspected by the Authentication Officer or one of the GRA's nominated inspectors. Any travelling etc. costs would also need to be met. Where are you located? (Just the town will do).

I should add that there are other organisations and individuals who are approved by the DVLA and can offer the same service.

The Authentication Officer is on here and will see this thread. He'll probably get in touch, I'm not going to put his contact details in a public area.
      Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 06/11/2011, 03:40 PM. Reason: Correction
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Hi Colin

Im inth frozen north, nr Preston lol

Rgds

Ian

Comment

Dvla

Well im not overly fond of the DVLA as I will have been 3 times to my local office to try and register the machine.

I would advse anyone to ignore their website for the stuff they tell you to take as the local offices semm to have their own rules.

CIVIL SERVANTS?????? I think not.

Comment

You ain't the first to find this problem! probably won't be the last. What does your local office want?

Comment

Well at last its all done.

Registered and road legal at last.

Not happy at having to trailer the bike there a 2nd time as it took the Inspector 30 seconds to check the frame no........

It cost me a day off and as Im self employed that was a lot of money.

CIVIL SERVANTS nope

Comment

Exeter DVLA

I found the opposite, Exeter were really helpful - I showed them a photograph of the frame number and an old tax disc, the 'new' Triumph engine number that someone had changed the engine to and it was all done - registered Greeves 500.

Comment

Just goes to show that interpretation of rules varies from office to office.

Comment

Working...
                  X