Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello fellow Greeves nuts

Hi All,
    my name is patrick, ive just joined so im saying hello.Some of u must already know me, griffon rider no 71 in greeves series.
    Im not racing at the moment as i have just finished my mk 2 griffon project and i am riding it where ever i can at the moment.
    I love it,fantastic machine,a few things to sort out but its getting there.
    Kim we must arrange meetig over Joyce Green before the tracks shut.

Hi Patrick - welcome to the forum!.
    Patrick got a dispensation to ride his newly re-built Mk2 QUB Griffon in the Greeves series for the last couple of outings at MArks Tey and Maylandsea - which probably would have been the first time that all Greeves Scrambles models have raced in the same race!!
    Did you get any photo's racing? - maybe Brian Catt got some? - be good to post some in the forum.
    see photo - pre race meet - not very good picture - but you can make out the leading axle cerianis and laid back shocks

I am keen to give the Mk 2 a go at Joyce Green - and get inspiration for my own Greeves twinshock Mk2 project !! drop me a private email and we will set up a date before the tracks close...next two weekeds weather permitting could work for me.
    Cheers Kim
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kim275; 20/10/2011, 10:28 AM.

Comment

What number were you racing with at Maylandsea, Patrick?

I've got pictures of all the Greeves Series riders who took part on 9th October, but I can't see #71...
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

No number 71 in programmes? But I have a head-on shot of this number taken at Maylandsea on 28th August. As it's taken from about 300yards, it's not wonderful!
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys
          I didn't ride the mk 2 in the Greeves series as in my view to many people were against it.I didn't feel it was fair on d.harper.
          I have been riding at action park and a track in benfleet.I can ride anywhere now as the mk2 can handle modern tracks.
          Back shocks r a bit soft and the front end is coming up far to easy.I am awaiting new springs from rock shocks
          kim I will pm you later when I get home!
          Regards pat

Comment

I managed to find one from Marks Tey in May - not one of my better pics I'm afraid - and probably not the Mk2..?
            Attached Files
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
            X