Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Thread

Hi All
    My name is Stuart Wigmore, I have been a GRA member for a good number of years, I have a small collection of Greeves Comp Bikes and a couple of projects on the go, I live in Somerset and am involved with Somerton Classic MCC, we run 9 or 10 Classic trials a year, I have in the past discussed having a local Greeves meeting at the Bristol Classic Bike show without much support, if any one else local thinks it is a good idea, please let the forum know, just to meet up for a chat and a drink.
    All for now
    Stuart

Welcolme to the forum Stuart, I am involved with the Cambridge Section & we are getting around 8 to 10 attending each month, not bad, considering Greeves are fairly small in number, we happen to have quite a few road bikes in Cambridgeshire which I think helps. I wish you success in getting a local group going.

Comment

New to the forum...........

The new forum is such a good idea...... I hope it doesn't go the way of FACEBOOK etc .... i.e. full of trivia! We are all too old for that sort of nonsense!! I have been a fan of Greeves since those early days of the BBC Grandstand Trophy, with Murray giving his enthusiastic commentary. At the age of 10'ish, I became an enthusiast of Greeves and this 'magical' rider called Dave Bickers. I even joined the Dave Bickers fan club, run by a lady in Ipswich {from memory}. Has any one still got the FAN CLUB green cloth badge?
      I now own a 24 TES which is riden around the country lanes of Bedfordshire! I take it to the Rushden Cavalcade every year and ride around the arena {much to my wife's embarrassment!} Ah........... such simple pleasures of life.

To all Committee Members, keep up the good work.

Nick Cooke

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Cooke View Post
        I now own a 24 TES which is riden around the country lanes of Bedfordshire! I take it to the Rushden Cavalcade every year and ride around the arena {much to my wife's embarrassment!} Ah........... such simple pleasures of life.
        And round Mallory Park Nick!
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Colin.............

Yes I think I was the only trials bike going around the race ciricuit that day. (VMCC Thousand Bikes Event} I was passed by all sorts............ but none of them looked as good as the Greeves! Biased or what!!

Would post a picture here of yours truly flat out at 40 mph, but being a simple country lad........ don't know how to!! Still struggling with my photo copier!

Nick

PS Colin ..... Apologies for not attending the AGM this year.......... family matters to attend to!

Comment

The starting point for attaching photos is the Manage Attachments bar in the Additional Options section that comes up below the screen on which you write your post.

Colin
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
            X