Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its Great To Be Here.

Hello all,
    After seeing what a grand resource you have here, I joined the forum!!! I have wanted a Greeves since about 1969 when I discovered Nick Nicholson Motors as a child and made a general pest of myself hanging around his shop on Vanowen street in the "Valley".
    I have discovered that the nature of life is sometimes you don't get what you want until later in life, I was presented an opportunity to purchase a 1968 Greeves Wessex and I bought it. As time goes on the plan is to "remodel" toward the Anglian specification with the help of Frank Conley's parts stash and buckets full of money.
    One of my favorite features here is the Triumph/Greeves sub-forum and the contributions of Mr. Phil Hyde, who I have many questions for as I also have a T100C engine collecting dust, I am afraid that will have to wait until after I scrape up the money to join the association.

Best Wishes To All: Mike Austin

Welcome

Hi Mike

Welcome to the forum. Any time you need advice and help with a Triumph-Greeves project we are here to help.

changing the spec of your Wessex to an Anglian should be quite straight forward. In the UK, the Wessex was a budget version of the Anglian, (Steel tank and 'tin' hub in the front wheel)

Perhaps you might consider putting the T100 in the Wessex!!

Regards

Phil

Comment

Might be better to stick with the steel tank anyway, with the damage ethanol in fuel does to glass fibre.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Hyde View Post
        Hi Mike

Welcome to the forum. Any time you need advice and help with a Triumph-Greeves project we are here to help.

changing the spec of your Wessex to an Anglian should be quite straight forward. In the UK, the Wessex was a budget version of the Anglian, (Steel tank and 'tin' hub in the front wheel)

Perhaps you might consider putting the T100 in the Wessex!!

Regards

Phil
        Phil,
        Thanks for the welcome, the Wessex is in the configuration as you described only with a license plate and lights which is very valuable to me as it gives me access to more riding areas including certain national forests!!!
        The whole land usage thing in California is a bit of a mess right now with the legal riding areas becoming somewhat limited and quite a distance to get to.
        As far as putting the T100 in the Wessex, it is very tempting, I will ask those questions in the appropriate forum.

Best Wishes: Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
          Might be better to stick with the steel tank anyway, with the damage ethanol in fuel does to glass fibre.
          Colin,
          Thanks for the advice, the glass tanks have been a bit of a problem out here on the west coast, My friends have been using the cheap plastic tanks, ugly but no resin in the fuel system.
          I am on the hunt for a nice used alloy tank, time will tell if I find what I'm looking for, in the time being I am sure the steel tank will serve me well.

Comment

Like thinkers!

We must have been drooling on the bikes at Nicholson's about the same time! I was there on my bycycle often in '63,'64 or so and then back with cash and a pickup in '68. I lived at Victory and Balboa, a block from Birmingham HS. We rode at Red Rock canyon most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Campbell View Post
              We must have been drooling on the bikes at Nicholson's about the same time! I was there on my bycycle often in '63,'64 or so and then back with cash and a pickup in '68. I lived at Victory and Balboa, a block from Birmingham HS. We rode at Red Rock canyon most of the time.
              Campbell, Its good to meet you.
              I lived over on Crockett St. and Sunland Blvd. I also have spent time at Red Rock, most of the time (from 1972 to 1975) I hung out at Indian Dunes with the crew from Revell's 2 stroke, the shop was on San Fernando Rd. I had a "used tire sponsorship" because I hung out with Lou Revell's kid. It took every dime I had to keep an ageing Bultaco Pursang running, it was the best time of my life.
              Here is a link from the old AME racing days with Donny Hansen on a Revell's Maico:
              AME MX at Indian Dunes What looks like the old Don Hansen style, has finally made it's way back into the racing scene. Hansen, as you might recall, mjured his ankle when he was just beginning to show some super impressive racing style a while back and the injury left him a spectator for too long. Don, mounted tonight on a very smooth running Revell Two-Stroke Maico, showed his old dominating style. What was impressive was the fact that he beat out his closest competitor in night racing, Willy Harper, who is all but unbeatable most of the night racing time.

Comment

Working...
              X