Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member From So Cal.

Hello everyone,
    I look forward to meeting new acquaintances.
    My names Art, I'm 20 and I am from southern California. I came across this website researching the web for all the information I could about Greeves, because I have acquired a Greeves motorcycle that I look forward to restoring.

So Here It Is:

My Beautiful Greeves.
    I have been trying to identify it, but have had trouble. I have not been able to find the model number any where, The only numbers I found seem to be a serial number but do not match any Greeves models when I have researched it, This lead me to search for models that used the Villiers 34A, Which left me with only two possible models; the 61' 24MCS Or the 62'.

If anyone can help me Identify it, I would be more that thankful.

Good Day to everyone.

Here is the other side.

Comment

Greeves identification

HELLO ART WELCOME TO THE GREEEVES RIDERS FORUM ! NICE TO SEE YOUNG MAN JOIN THE CLUB I DID BACK IN 1984 ! WHEN I WAS 14 ;-)
      IM GREEVES 246 (BETTER KNOW AS GARY GWILLAM FROM CORNWAL)

I HAVE A 1961 MCS

PASTE THIS INTO THE SEARCH BAR ITS MY MCS RUNNING !

FILM OF MY GREEVES 24MCS 1961 I HAD WHEN SINCE I WAS 14

I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN A PHOTO OF YOUR BIKE AS I RECOGNISE THEM EASYER WITH PICTURES

1) DOSE THE FOOTBRAKE FIT UNDER THE FOOT REST OR ABOVE ?

2) WHAT SHAPE IS THE AIR FILTER ?

3)DOSE IT HAVE A ALLOY TANK WHAT SORT OF FILLER ?

4)IS THE SEAT DOWN ON TOP OF THE FRAME OR HIGHER "4 FROM THE FRAME ?

WHAT IS THE FRAME NUMBER ? AND THE ENGINE ? NUMBER PLEASE

REGARDS GARY

IN THE STATES A GREAT SUPPORT FOR VILLIERS GREEVES IS
      FRANK CONNELY

MY EMAIL IS: gary@gwillam5397.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by art.of.aragon View Post
        hello
        it looks like parts from diffrent bikes one is a mcs the other is a greeves ranger/trial or trials but easy to get the correct parts
        the air filter ranger but
        with alteration becomes mds
        carb is trials (villiers)
        tank is greeves ranger
        front part exhaust is greeves wessex
        trials

mx footrest

engine is ranger i think
        is there a plate on the right hand side of the engine ? On the primary chain case ?
        Should say 34a ?

Frame nmber is on the headstock on the l/h side

Comment

Hello Gary, Nice To meet you.

I Now have reason to believe its a Scottish.

the Model number reads 24TFS551

and the Villiers engine reads 34A 203FC3598

Here are some pictures,

I appreciate your help, and thank you for your video link.

Comment

Greeves trials !

Its definatly a 24tfs trials greeves frame ! Art 451 one made ! In production line ! Its a 36a 34a engine

look up "john surtees greeves 24tfs" ! You will see a photo of one

but that tank is from a ranger

Comment

Hi Art,

What you have is the Greeves TFS Trail 250cc with 34A Villiers engine (not to be confused with the UK TFS Trial model). They were made for the US market. Your Greeves looks mostly complete and original. Frank Conley has lots of spare parts and is very helpful see http://www.greevesguru.com/

I have some parts for sale to fit your bike so let me know if you need any.

Also see the previous GRA thread on here 'Greeves twin shock trials scrambler on ebay (actually TFS Trail model.)'

Paul

Comment

Hi Art, thanks for registering and making yourself known.

pgc40's identification is spot on - the forerunner of the Ranger and well worth restoring and riding!

Incidentally (puts on Moderator hat) if you're going to use the Photobucket route to put pictures on here, could you please downsize them so that they fit the screen.

Not just having a go at you Art, this applies to the rest of you as well!
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by pgc40 View Post
                  Hi Art,

What you have is the Greeves TFS Trail 250cc with 34A Villiers engine (not to be confused with the UK TFS Trial model). They were made for the US market. Your Greeves looks mostly complete and original. Frank Conley has lots of spare parts and is very helpful see http://www.greevesguru.com/

I have some parts for sale to fit your bike so let me know if you need any.

Also see the previous GRA thread on here 'Greeves twin shock trials scrambler on ebay (actually TFS Trail model.)'

Paul
                  glad your helping art as im not familiar with the american models i have told him about frank and frank likes to meet people who are new to the club

regards greeves246

Comment

Working...
                  X