Welcome to Kenny Sykes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Kenny Sykes!

Welcome to our first (?) USA forum member!

Hi Kenny, great to see you on here. Thanks again for your piece on the Griffon prototype you're restoring. How's the second instalment coming along..?

Colin
    Colin Sparrow

Xp3/1

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
    Welcome to our first (?) USA forum member!

Hi Kenny, great to see you on here. Thanks again for your piece on the Griffon prototype you're restoring. How's the second instalment coming along..?

Colin
    Hi Colin!

There is a lot of work to do on this beast!

I will have a couple good stories to tell in part 2. This will be a challenging project!

I hope everyone enjoyed part 1.

Kenny Sykes

Comment

Hi Bearingman!

Great to have (at long last) a direct link to all our friends in the USA, and worldwide. Welcome indeed!

Really enjoyed part 1, and looking forward to part 2!

Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
        Hi Bearingman!

Great to have (at long last) a direct link to all our friends in the USA, and worldwide. Welcome indeed!

Really enjoyed part 1, and looking forward to part 2!

Brian.
        Thank you Brian!

This forum is great! I know longer have to wait every other month to read about my Greeves friends on your side.

Happy to read that you enjoyed part 1 of XP3/1...the hunt is always better than the kill as they say, but boy, do I have my hands full on this project.

Hoping part 2 will be just as enjoyable to you as part 1.

Regards,
        Kenny Sykes

Comment

Thanks for your kind and supportive words Kenny, and delighted that you like the forum!

It is indeed a great asset and resource for the club, one that can only get better with time, and it's fantastic to have input from long standing and experienced members like yourself, both overseas and here in the UK.

Best of luck with the project Kenny, and I know what you mean about 'the hunt'! I honestly don't know where I'd be with my own bike (1959/60 24TCS) without all the help, support and encouragement I've received from the GRA.

What a great club it is!

Brian.
          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 09/05/2010, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by greeves246
            Hello kenny did you find leon roach easy to deal with and did you trade him the ariel hs ?, as i brought a tm400 from him and a challenger from frank (frank was amused at how adept i was at getting it all apart to fit in the sables trunk lol) even the swinging arm pin was free ! It shot out on the floor and i looked at frank and he looked at me in amazement so i said made in england with a smile !.

Greeves246
            Hi Greeves246,

Send me a PM on Leon. Yes I swung a deal with Leon. I hope he is doing well. I lost his contact info when I had a computer crash.

Regards,

Kenny Sykes
            USA

Comment

Attachment failed.

Hi Greeves246,

The image in your post (above) failed to attach properly.

For information on how to attach images to your posts, click on this link to the relevant page of the forum 'FAQ' section;

Hope this helps,

Brian.

Comment

This is what Bearingman was up to many years ago.

Great what you can come across in the GRA Archive when you're looking for something else...

Lurve the Bryan Wade tribute helmet, Ken!
                Attached Files
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

Great what you can come across in the GRA Archive when you're looking for something else...

Ask him about the "mudhen" if you really want to know what he was up to many years ago. Sorry Ken.
                  Marty

Comment

Hi Colin,

Sorry for my late reply...this was taken around 1987 if I recall at Dick Mann's Vintage Dirt Bike Rally. Came in second to a pesky Husqvarna rider. This model 58 380 Griffon was a real good runner too.

Yep, the "Wild Man" was a hero growing up...I was not so happy when he went to Husqvarna.

Not worthy wearing those strips today!

Regards,
                    Kenny Sykes

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker View Post
                      Ask him about the "mudhen" if you really want to know what he was up to many years ago. Sorry Ken.
                      Marty
                      Hi Marty..."Team Coot"...we were quick (or quack) in our day...your not gonna ticket me are you???

Maybe I'll throw a few on the grill for you at Greeves Daze at the Pozo Saloon??

Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by Bearingman View Post
                        Maybe I'll throw a few on the grill for you at Greeves Daze at the Pozo Saloon??

Kenny
                        Hi Kenny - Greeves Days coming up soon, eh? Wish I could be there. Post a few pics up when you come back you lucky fella!

Give Frank my best regards - and ask him why he hasn't popped up on here yet..!
                        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Bearingman View Post
                          Hi Marty..."Team Coot"...we were quick (or quack) in our day...your not gonna ticket me are you???

Kenny
                          A neighbor of mine has an un-restored Scottish that I'm trying to get from him. It isn't real pretty but it's complete and original, and it runs good when he starts it every couple of years. If I can get it, I'll come to Pozo.
                          A couple weeks ago a guy mailed me a check for Ole Yeller" and said "I'll drive out to California and pick it up in a couple weeks". () The check cleared. He's supposed to be here this weekend and he wants my RT3 too.
                          I saw a simple recipe for coot but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. You soak the breast fillets in a good whiskey overnight; then drink the whiskey before you grill the coot. Eating the coot is optional.
                          I wrote up a little narrative for my friends on that story from our past and how it came to light at the saloon. My friends got me to post it on another forum and it has been well received and widely re-circulated. I didn't use any last names but someone will likely connect the dots.
                          Last edited by Tracker; 30/12/2010, 10:23 PM.

Comment

What is it about Greeves owners,mine sat in a shed for12 years then it took a further two and a half years for me to talk the guy into selling it.

Comment

Hi Kenny - Greeves Days coming up soon, eh? Wish I could be there. Post a few pics up when you come back you lucky fella!

Give Frank my best regards - and ask him why he hasn't popped up on here yet..!
                              Hi Colin.

Wish you could make it again. We are having record rain fall here in California so far this season, so it could be another wet one.

I've had a few setbacks last year, so won't have anything to show this year. I hope to get back to speed soon.

Kenny Sykes

Comment

Working...
                              X