Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newcomer from France

hi i'm nicolas
    im living in south france, close to toulouse, exactly.
    i can say that i'm really a vintage british bike's enthusiast, and greeves motorbikes, quite rare in france, always have interested me.
    i owned a few years late a 24 tc trials bike .
    i sold it because i'm now riding an ariel ht5 for trials riding, but i saw one day a greeves silverstone on a website and i thought immediatly that i would really enjoy to ride one...one of those days...
    then , i went to telford last month and i saw on GRA stand... a nice 1964 RBS.....which is now in my workshop.
    i was surprised by gra members enthusiasm too, and i decided to join gra association.

i rode the bike on track this afternoon, and i'll send a post about that tomorrow.
    cheers
    nicolas

Nicholas,

That bike belonged to my friend Dick and we did quite a bit of work on the engine. I hope it runs OK for you!

Must be quite a rare machine in France!

There has been a lot of information published over the years so if you need anything, let me know.

Always remember to run the bike on a good racing plug, I always used a Lodge R49. A soft plug is OK to warm it up but forget to change it and you will soon have a seized engine!

Good luck,

Rob

Comment

hi i sent you a pm, i rode the bike with great pleasure
      i think that it's the only example in france.
      dick is a real greeves "aficionado" i want to thanks him again for his hospitality ;-)
      i ll try to send pictures next trackday
      cheers

Comment

lancelot

Hi there Nicolas great to see that you have joined the GRA, and thanks for your kind comments that you made, I have still not got through to your email address? look forward to pics in the future, you will have to start a Greeves section down there in Tolouse. cheers for now Dick F

Comment

Working...
        X