Pre mix ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre mix ratio

What oil to fuel ratio do you use in a 9e engine? My other strokers have oil pumps. Previous owner said recommended was 25:1 but he ran 50:1 due to the better quality oil available today. I’d obviously prefer it not to seize so 50:1 seems a little lean?

To save an awful lot of time, just type 'petrol oil ratio' in the search box, and a mass of posts will appear on the subject, The search box is a useful tool!

Comment

25 to 1 is the correct ratio, (in fact Villiers recommend 20 to 1 its stated as such on the engine) use standard mineral oil such as https://www.gojubbly.com/products/comma-2-stroke-mineral-engine-oil-1litre-tst1l?variant=48081891590462&gclid=CjwKCAiAhJWsBhA aEiwAmrNyq7VgrBzNyQBYkNjmuSpkQBhIqVUs6pRV9dNQs0oWV Aj2-xKS9Lo1TxoC4wAQAvD_BwE 50 to 1 is not suitable for old Villiers engines and is for modern engines. Remember extra oil will do no damage but less out will result in damage! As a general rule engines with plain (phosphor bronze) little end bushes need more oil, needle roller ones can take less.
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 26/12/2023, 08:34 AM. Reason: Added text re little end bushes

Comment

Thanks John, apologies Ian my main forum is the Lc forum it’s always the same threads from newbies what oil, what tyres etc in future I’ll defer to the search engine.

Comment

It very much depends on what oil you are using, and how you are using the bike. Modern synthetic oils do work, or you can use the old mineral oils, and leave a smoke trail behind you! There is much on the forum on the subject.
          The search engine is always a good place to start.

Comment

Can't beat a nice smoke trail especially if it contains a whiff of R. Happy Christmas all!.

Comment

And you can get strawberry scented 2-Stroke oil ....

Comment

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                And you can get strawberry scented 2-Stroke oil ....
                I wonder if that strawberry scent would attract bears? There are a lot of grizzlies around these parts.

Comment

What is the Strawberry scented one, and where can I get it?

Comment

eBay - Putoline strawberry scented 2-Stroke oil 14.97 / litre . Enjoy
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well found Martin

Comment

FIFTEEN quid a litre

Comment

Working...
                        X