Beware of Scammers replying to OBM adverts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of Scammers replying to OBM adverts

I have jut received this email from Roger Brooking who has had a scammer reply to hi advert in Old Bike Mart (OBM) Apparently a number of readers/advertisers have been targeted by scammers, so beware! This is Rogers email:

​​​​​​Dear John...We spoke a few months ago about my purchase of a Hawkstone 1958 SAS frame I purchased. Thought the club would be interested in my just recent experience of a 'Scammer'.

A 'David White' has answered my advert in 'The Old Bike Mart' for Greeves parts ...sending a picture of 'his' Hawkstone which he is braking for parts & has offered forks & engine for ?550. Straight away I recognised the picture ( enclosed) of a beautiful 1958 Hawkstone
    sold by 'Mathewsons' (Bangers & Cash) sold on 11/12/22.

He replied again today with the offer wanting the payment sent now! Probably to a set up email or similar!

You probably know the bike & maybe the current owner...but it certainly won't be a 'Mr David White'. I'm tempted to send my picture to him ...! Thanks John..,..my rebuilds going well. Mainly need rear wheel & (ball bearing) Forks if you hear of any? Best wishes for Christmas ...Roger Brooking (Devon)

Attached Files
Working...
X