GRA Stand at Stafford, 2009.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRA Stand at Stafford, 2009.

Following on from Phil Hyde's excellent idea to post pics from bike shows back in the day, I unearthed a few from the Stafford International Classic Bike Show in 2009 whilst going back through some old files. I'm pretty sure I haven't posted these before, so here goes....

Cracking line up of Greeves, and Peter Smith can be seen in a couple of the shots talking with a visitor to the GRA stand.

In addition to the main pic, I've also added a couple more as thumbnails below. Just click on the images to view full-size.

Brian.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01398.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.4 KB ID:	96857
    Attached Files

Brian, great pictures. A testimony to the days when the Greeves Riders Association was afforded a reasonable allocation of space in the main hall. A nice display of machines across the disciplines. Commercial pressures has seen club stands re-located to the lesser halls away from the mainstream public areas. Nonetheless, we, the GRA continue to support the principal shows. We have a great band of supporters across the country (you know who you are)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
      Following on from Phil Hyde's excellent idea to post pics from bike shows back in the day, I unearthed a few from the Stafford International Classic Bike Show in 2009 whilst going back through some old files. I'm pretty sure I haven't posted these before, so here goes....

Cracking line up of Greeves, and Peter Smith can be seen in a couple of the shots talking with a visitor to the GRA stand.

In addition to the main pic, I've also added a couple more as thumbnails below. Just click on the images to view full-size.

Brian.

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC01398.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.4 KB ID:	96857
      Fame at last !!!! After going to Stafford every year from the second ever at Belle Vue until Covid I finally am in a Stafford picture wearing my nylon Barber suit..I have also been in the GRA from the beginning with Keith Bolas.Fabulous pictures.Thanks Stuart Baskill

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Hyde View Post
        Brian, great pictures. A testimony to the days when the Greeves Riders Association was afforded a reasonable allocation of space in the main hall. A nice display of machines across the disciplines. Commercial pressures has seen club stands re-located to the lesser halls away from the mainstream public areas. Nonetheless, we, the GRA continue to support the principal shows. We have a great band of supporters across the country (you know who you are)
        I couldn't agree more Phil, well said. I think the club can be proud of the high standards the GRA has achieved and continues to with it's representation at the shows over the years, all thanks and due credit to the enthusiasts that put so much time and effort into making them a success. Pleased you enjoyed seeing the pics mate, and thanks again for the suggestion.

In looking at the pics again, and following reading Stuart's post below, I spotted Don Heath in another, on the left here in the first pic with Peter and Stuart. I think that's Mike Eady in the next one, possibly talking to Brenda McGregor on the left...? If I hadn't taken a closer look, thanks to Stuart's post, I would have missed them. I've enlarged them as best as I could and they're not great, but I wanted to include them here.

I've got a couple more from this show which I'll upload in further posts below.

Brian.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01397 bu x.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	96861

Name:	DSC01399 bu 2 x.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	96863
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Baskill View Post

Fame at last !!!! After going to Stafford every year from the second ever at Belle Vue until Covid I finally am in a Stafford picture wearing my nylon Barber suit..I have also been in the GRA from the beginning with Keith Bolas.Fabulous pictures.Thanks Stuart Baskill
          Hi Stuart,

Nice to hear from you, been a while since we last swapped a few lines on here! Hope all is well with you and yours.

Wow, that's great! I didn't know it was you in the pic(s), but I'm really pleased you got to see them....at last! Nice one.

I've attached a few additional cropped enlargements for you, here you go;

Brian.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01400 bu.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.9 KB ID:	96865
          Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01398 bu.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.2 KB ID:	96866
          Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01396 bu.jpg Views:	0 Size:	23.9 KB ID:	96867
          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 05/12/2023, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Here's a couple more pics;

I remember some of the bikes on display, as Phil said, a good selection of models from across the disciplines. There was my old mate Dicky Faggetter's 24MX5 (1967, if memory serves), Tim Griffin's 6LHK ISDT International (ex Brian Stonebridge Gold Medal bike), and Dave Bradley's (with John Fryatt and Tim Griffin) brilliant XP1 protype replica at the end. To the right of Dicky's 24MX5 is Don Heath's black framed TFS Trail. Nice Silverstone and Roadster too.

Does anyone recognise any of the other bikes on display?

Brian.

Name:	DSC01397.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	96869

Name:	DSC01395 bu.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	96870

Comment

135VPU a 32DC Dick Dunkley 8/95, Colin Sparrow 5/03 Mac Wilds 4/15 then to Reg Burrus, Stroud 2/18.So owner would have been Colin Sparrow in 2009

Comment

I've just recognised Dave McGregor's Green International as well, so that just leaves the Silverstone and the last bike on the far left, which looks like a Hawkstone....

Brian.

Comment

I've just recognised Dave McGregor's Green International as well, so that just leaves the Silverstone and the last bike on the far left, which looks like a Hawkstone....

Brian.
                  Brian Can you zoom in on Silverstone to see what is written on fairing. No 417 is 24TFS536 (FAW220C) US trail ex Don Heath & Ken Wilson on SORN, last V5c 13/4/16 current owner unknown https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/fo...sale-tfs-trail
                  Last edited by John Wakefield; 05/12/2023, 09:38 PM.

Comment

No can do John, I've tried to enlarge the Silverstone pic but sadly it remains illegible.

Brian.

Comment

No can do John, I've tried to enlarge the Silverstone pic but sadly it remains illegible.

Brian.
                      No problem Brian, I have looked through numerous pics of Silverstone's but cant find one with a fairing like that, presumably a GRA members bike, would help to know what model it is.

Comment

Hi Stuart,

Nice to hear from you, been a while since we last swapped a few lines on here! Hope all is well with you and yours.

Wow, that's great! I didn't know it was you in the pic(s), but I'm really pleased you got to see them....at last! Nice one.

I've attached a few additional cropped enlargements for you, here you go;

Brian.

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC01400 bu.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.9 KB ID:	96865
                        Click image for larger version Name:	DSC01398 bu.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.2 KB ID:	96866
                        Click image for larger version Name:	DSC01396 bu.jpg Views:	0 Size:	23.9 KB ID:	96867
                        Thanks again for the pics. I,m still rebuilding Greeves. Its an illness isn,t it? Bought my first one in 1970. I,ve almost finished a 1958 20TAT. I,ve got sidetracked rebuilding my Velo KSS/RS after owning it over 35 years then its on to my final rebuilds a 1955 20R3 and a 1956 20R3 .I like to think that I have rescued a few Greeves from the scrapheap. Best wishes Stuart

Comment

Working...
                        X